• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DjangoV

Reaction score
Very nice
smile.gif
Maurice Lacroix is not a poor man's watch
According to the used price definition in this thread and the amount I paid for the watch (new and in a regular department store) it is
patch[1].gif

Although at the time (I was still in college and jobless) it sure didn't feel like a poor man's watch.

Last edited:

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score

My main watch (use it nearly every day) is from Maurice Lacroix. I bought it some 6-7 years ago and I am still very happy I bought it. I don’t recall the exact model though and regret I didn’t keep the original box it came in:
It's a ML Les Classique (they came in different executions) :)

Frist23

Reaction score
Ouch, tough on not keeping the box! Whenever I get a watch resized, I promise myself to keep the links. Yet somehow I always lose them. I gave a watch as a gift to someone, and, oddly enough, it was a perfect fit (I have very thin wrists). But since I'm considering giving my current watch as a gift to my nephew eventually, I have to be sure not to lose the links.

Now where'd I put 'em again? :p

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score

Grabbed this one off CL a month ago. Was obsessed with auto racing as a kid so even though it's not a more 'traditional' brand, I like it. From what I can tell its powered by the ETA 2824. Keeps good enough time to keep me happy.

Really nice quality watch with distinctive design that works really well. Clearly a lot of thought has gone into it. :)

Beancooker

Reaction score
The three I rotate between. The Oakley watch sees a lot more time on my wrist than the Chase Durer. The Movado doesn't get worn very often. It doesn't make a bold enough statement for my liking.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally did flashed the null ROM onto my Samsung gear. Now it's rooted and can install all sorts of stuff, hopefully. Put in a free voice recorder and now hopefully can go past the previous 5 minute mark.

Reaction score
Quite happy with my new Bulova from Macy's

Last edited:

redboat

Reaction score
My Titoni Airmaster Pilot is on its second strap but still keeps time to within 5 seconds a day, and I never tire of its looks. It can be had for about $400 from on-line sellers.

Last edited:

dmass1

Reaction score

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good chrono is going to be hard to find under $1K.

dmass1

Reaction score
should have mentioned I am willing to buy a used watch. just looking for some ideas of decent chronos in that style/palette, and then plan to be patient with sales, ebay etc., so the watch could retail for higher than my price range.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
There are loads of mechanical chronos under $1k. Judging by your second link, that "rotary" watch, your best bet is a Strela (new about $400-$600). They are solid Russian movements and have a lot of history and presence (this was the first watch worn in space, the one on Gagarin's wrist that he would have used to help time engine burns). The same models were marketed under the "Sekonda", "Poljot" and "Shturmanskie" brands with slight differences in size, finish (red gold, gold, brushed, chrome), and dials (black, silver, cream, white). The best ones are the cyrillic Strelas. With so many cheesy fashion brands cranking out ETA powered clones, look outside the box for something with uniqueness. There are many guides out there documenting the variants (some have shrouded pushes, others not, others slightly so, different crystal materials and shapes, etc). Beautiful watches:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads