• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo shirts.

farraj18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benzorlb
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVxEOxA

Thoughts on this one?

Dude, a polo is a polo is a polo. Pick a color palette that goes well with your skin-tone, find a brand with fitted polos and then pick the ones that come in the colors that you like.

We're not here to do your shopping for you, which is essentially what you're asking of the forum.

Since you're in NYC, go to the Uniqlo store and see if they have any polos in stock. Although, it seems like you just want to buy polos that promote a branding on the shirt (probably why you turned down J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, and the other brand mentioned and are looking for RL, Lacoste, Burberry (for a polo, wtf?)).

Loupe

Reaction score
Please tell me you're not going to just post endless links to differently coloured polo shirts by the same few manufacturers?? Any polo shirt by RL/ Lacoste will be of a standard quality and design. They both just do about a million colours. If you like a colour, buy it. If not, don't. Nobody can tell you why this green RL shirt is better than this Blue one, because it's in the eye of the beholder. Oh, and +1 for Uniqlo. They're excellent quality, and they're cheap.

benzorlb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loupe
Please tell me you're not going to just post endless links to differently coloured polo shirts by the same few manufacturers??

Any polo shirt by RL/ Lacoste will be of a standard quality and design. They both just do about a million colours. If you like a colour, buy it. If not, don't. Nobody can tell you why this green RL shirt is better than this Blue one, because it's in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not, just a few I'm considering.

True, it's in the eye of the beholder, but I'm asking how does it look in your eyes lol.

What do you think of the last polo shirt I posted?

farraj18

Reaction score
I'm not, just a few I'm considering.

True, it's in the eye of the beholder, but I'm asking how does it look in your eyes lol.

What do you think of the last polo shirt I posted?

Please read the last post on page 3.

Thank you.

That is all.

benzorlb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farraj18
Dude, a polo is a polo is a polo. Pick a color palette that goes well with your skin-tone, find a brand with fitted polos and then pick the ones that come in the colors that you like.

We're not here to do your shopping for you, which is essentially what you're asking of the forum.

Since you're in NYC, go to the Uniqlo store and see if they have any polos in stock. Although, it seems like you just want to buy polos that promote a branding on the shirt (probably why you turned down J. Crew, Brooks Brothers, and the other brand mentioned and are looking for RL, Lacoste, Burberry (for a polo, wtf?)).

I know plenty of people who wear Burberry polos.

No, I'm not looking for branding on the shirt, just a brand I'm familiar with. Find me a Lanvin polo and I'll consider it.

Anyways, opinions on the last one I posted?

farraj18

Reaction score
I know plenty of people who wear Burberry polos.

No, I'm not looking for branding on the shirt, just a brand I'm familiar with. Find me a Lanvin polo and I'll consider it.

Anyways, opinions on the last one I posted?

facepalm.gif

You completely missed the entire point of my previous post.

benzorlb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal
I agree, and think you should read this - http://www.mensfashionjournal.com/20...-cost-you.html - I think you should buy based on quality not on brand knowledge.

The quality of brands like RL and Lacoste are good. I want something a brand which I'm familiar with and nothing else, I swear I don't care about a stupid little pony on the shirt. Come on.

benzorlb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farraj18
facepalm.gif

You completely missed the entire point of my previous post.

I got your point man, but whatever. I don't have time during the day to go out and pick polo's.

Just give your opinion on the shirt if you want.

farraj18

Reaction score
The quality of brands like RL and Lacoste are good. I want something a brand which I'm familiar with and nothing else, I swear I don't care about a stupid little pony on the shirt. Come on.

You're still not getting it. Let's try again.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threads like this remind me why I don't read SWD. I'd like 10 minutes of my life back please.

adidasfan

Reaction score
I love polos and wear them all the time.

I suggest the Adidas Orignals polos.
They have something called the Adidas Originals Vespa line and its
awesome for us darker people.

The standards are Penguin slim fit and Modern Amuesement.

Also Krew makes some pretty nice polos they are all slim fit.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got your point man, but whatever. I don't have time during the day to go out and pick polo's.

Just give your opinion on the shirt if you want.

Seriously go *************. It's a polo, it will be immediately obvious to you if it works or not the moment you try it on. And you're going to have to try it on because it's a clothing item; you won't be able to get a feel for it unless it's right there in front of you.

People do not go on StyleForum in order to tell you how to buy boring shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads