• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Critique My Blazer

Prince

Reaction score
Jacket looks perfect; as does the whole ensemble. Reminds me to get a white pants.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes me want to scrap all of my current jackets, as sadly none are to this level of perfection. Fantastic job.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looks good.
how about aside and a back view.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flawless!

dv_indian

Reaction score
This is the type of fit that most people aspire for but never achieve.

iris

Reaction score
Looks great, excellent drape, fit is fantastic.

On a side note, do you mind telling me the name and location of your tailor? The reason why I ask is that I'll be visiting Seoul for two weeks in August and I'm looking to get a MTM suit while I'm there.

(In the event that I erroneously assumed that your tailor is in Seoul or nearby in Kyung Gi Do, I apologise)

ho1joon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iris
Looks great, excellent drape, fit is fantastic.

On a side note, do you mind telling me the name and location of your tailor? The reason why I ask is that I'll be visiting Seoul for two weeks in August and I'm looking to get a MTM suit while I'm there.

(In the event that I erroneously assumed that your tailor is in Seoul or nearby in Kyung Gi Do, I apologise)

Originally Posted by waltwhitman
WOW. This is a great fit. Where did you get this made?

Can you tell us who the tailor was and what price range they operate in?[/quote]

Thank you guys, Mine was made by "Sartoria Vanni" in Kangnam, Seoul, Korea.
The map is here, see the below picture(notice they are written in korean); http://www.vanni.co.kr/html/cs/location.php

Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
1. Post pics of the back, looking up and down angle
2. Post pics of the side with hands on the side (Tae Kwon Do relaxed stand)
3. On the fit: the lapel width is "conservative" but I feel you will do better with a slimmer lapel width. Also, the tie is WAY too wide for you. Again, I feel you will look better with a slimmer tie width of 3 inches or less, certainly no wider than 3.5". You may want to try a 3/2 since the top button appears slightly higher, lengthening the suit a bit, as your tailor/cutter really sticked to the traditional American blazer pattern (blazer=shorter than suit coat).
4. The buttons are a little overkill. Just because you want a "blazer" doesn't mean it has to have super contrasting buttons, especially given the conservative color of the swatch. I will go for a lighter grey bone buttons or some shiny brass to give more cosmopolitan nuance to the look.
5. 8.9/10 on the whole look.

Thank you for your valuable advice. I think I should change the buttons as you said.

Originally Posted by the_sartorialist
Fit looks superb, good job ho1joon!

To the rest, and this is by no means a criticism but more of a query, how much higher / smaller can the armhole go?

I prefer the small armholes, unless It makes inconveience for moving arms.

Toronto34

Reaction score
Love the blazer.

Also looking to commision a navy blazer for myself.

Noticed the fabric is scabal, about how much is the fabric and is it a pure wool blend?

Thanks

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ho1joon
Hello, Could you guys critique my bespoke blazer?
smile.gif

worship.gif
worship.gif

Your tailor totally nailed it. Yes, i see some nitpicking by other forumers re buttoning point, but this is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar the best "critique my outfit" post ever!!

Funny thing is, the typical critics who come out in droves havent shown up yet to compliment a great fit. One of the mysteries of SF!!

OP - also nice of you to freely share your tailor information. You are a good sartorialist. Btw, was this your first commission from the tailor, and how much input did you have in the process?

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ho1joon
Thank you for your valuable advice. I think I should change the buttons as you said.
I think the buttons look quite fun, and in my opinion are keepers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankit_10