• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playoff

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talented as the Suns are, I don't believe a team without a dominant player can win.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talented as the Suns are, I don't believe a team without a dominant player can win.
We should probably write off the Detroit Pistons as well.  No way they can beat Shaq and the best shooting guard in the conference . . .

Eric

Reaction score
(jpeirpont @ May 24 2005,08:45) Talented as the Suns are, I don't believe a team without a dominant player can win.
We should probably write off the Detroit Pistons as well. Â No way they can beat Shaq and the best shooting guard in the conference . . .
Time will tell. Eric

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
You are wrong ambulamce chaser. The Pistons are battle tested and the heat are not. We creamed the Laker slast year when they had Shaq, Kobe, and Payton. The heat have almost no experience beinf this far. Whon won Game 1? We did by holding wade to 16 points and The Heat didn't score the last 5 minutes of the game.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still sticking with my pick (spurs) at the start of the season.....
wink.gif
koji

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought most people would get that my post was clearly sarcastic, with "best shooting guard in the conference" an obvious reference to Kobe last year and to Wade this year . . . maybe I should have added Â
sarcasm.gif

Eric

Reaction score
I thought most people would get that my post was clearly sarcastic, with "best shooting guard in the conference" an obvious reference to Kobe last year and to Wade this year . . . maybe I should have added Â
sarcasm.gif
I missed the sarcasm, but I think Shaq has a better team surrounding him now than any ensamble he ever had before. Trouble is the rest of the NBA got better and he has gotten older. I'd like to see the Suns pull through, but its looking pretty bleak now at 0-2. They really miss Johnson (Anthony, not Kevin). So, between the Pistons and the Spurs, I'd take the Pistons. I love how the NBA is a guessing game again, so many good teams. Pacers will be great again next year, even without Reggie, Heat will be strong, Pistons, Spurs, Nets, Rockets, Mavs. Curious to see how the Cavs work out with their new coach and to see their off-season moves. Same with the Lakers, if Phil Jackson comes back. People forgot about Kobe this year, hes still the best 2 in the game arguably edging out T-Mac and Iverson. I intentionally left out the Nuggets because they have Carmelo Anthony whom I can't stand, and because they play dirty. They remind me of the Trailblazers a few years back. Good to see the NBA back on the right track. Eric

Eric

Reaction score
Ernest and other international posters:

How big is the NBA outside the US? Do people care?

Eric

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still think the Heat will beat the Pistons. The Pistons beat a Lakers team where Shaq and Kobe had no help. Miami is deeper, plus any team with Shaq has an automatic advantage in the post even though he's injured.

Edit: Spurs v.s Heat, Heat in 7.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Recently, though it seems as though Basketball is for gangster.

koji
Does that mean that Croquet is for pimp?

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
I can't believe my Pistons threw away that game last night. It is going to be a seven game series I feel now.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe my Pistons threw away that game last night. It is going to be a seven game series I feel now.
Looks that way, then again they managed to steal game one and thus home court advantage (Miami and Detroit are excellent road teams, though)

koji

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads