1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Playoff

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ernest, May 16, 2005.

1. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Looks like you can stick a fork in Phoenix. [​IMG] koji

2. bachbeet

bachbeet Distinguished Member

Too bad about the Suns. Unless teams like them start winning rings, the NBA will remain mired in its low scoring boring "football-type" era. The Showtime era was its highest rated. They must return to it.

Having said that, the Spurs are looking tougher and tougher. I still think the Heat can beat them though.

3. mrgoblueguy

mrgoblueguy Senior Member

We can't count our Detroit yet. They did beat a Shaq and Kobe led team last year.

4. Eric

Eric Senior Member

I've got Detroit taking it this year. They present too many matchup problems for the Heat and the Spurs.

Eric

5. bachbeet

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the Pistons just aren't that good.

6. mrgoblueguy

I wonder if Sheed and the Pistons can rebound after getting bombed in Game 5? They did come back to win two in a row against the Nets last year, so it can be done.

7. countdemoney

countdemoney Distinguished Member

Miami will close it out tonight. I actually think that the pistons would have won game 3, but then rashweed angered shaq with some grabbing.

Make the hurt guy so mad he forgets about the pain - great idea in a game where they're calling it loose and he's the biggest guy in the building.

8. mrgoblueguy

Who do you have in Game 7 tonight? I am taking Detroit. They have played in big games before and knows what it takes. Miami needs Wade to have a huge night because we see what type of team they are without him.

9. Thracozaag

Even with the distraction of Brown supposedly going to the Cavs, I think the Pistons will pull it out (unless Wade makes a Frazier-like return)

koji

10. Eric

Eric Senior Member

I can't see Wade having too good a night with a hurt rib, unless he is playing with the help of morphine or opium.

If he has a good game, you know whats to blame. (I feel like Dr. Suess, and I'm not even trying.)

Its a shame he got hurt. It defenitely cheapens the victory for the Pistons, but I'm sure they will take anyway they can get it. I do think Detroit would have pulled through, regardless of the injury to Wade.

E

11. bachbeet

Well, I sure am glad I didn't bet on the Heat. I really thought they'd win it all. The article at ESPN makes a very strong case for the Spurs. I gotta agree. Two last comments. First, Shaq will not win another ring. At least not as an active contributor to a team which does win the Finals. Second, this year's Finals will go down in history as the most boring ever. Insomniacs have found their cure. [​IMG]

12. Thracozaag

DOH.

koji

13. Thracozaag

I disagree; I think it'll be a real chess match between two master tacticians who have very strong teams (emphasis on TEAM). koji

14. Thracozaag

Ugliest Finals ever was NY/Houston, btw; that was darn near unwatchable.

koji

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Word. This final promises to be a sleeper too, though. While Parker and Ginobelli are fun to watch, Tim Duncan must be the most boring awesome player ever. And the Pistons are nothing if *not* explosive, Rasheed aside, and then only in spurts. I think that a Suns vs. Heat Final would've been a lot more fun to watch. But give props to Detroit and San Antonio. They earned their berths fair and square.