• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 83 - Streetwear&Denim edition _ daily roundup

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Styleforum crew and I are at Pitti Uomo 83 in Florence, and while there will be a lot of in depth coverage in the pipeline, I just wanted to give you a little idea of what we see every day. The classic menswear stuff we see is here.

First of all, this Jen (my wife), who is very amused that she is going to be playing with her camera:

And this is the rest of the crew:

Buttero has strong season: Liberty Print chukka sneakers, a collaboration with Horween:, and lots of cool boots:

Japanese brand Minotaur decides that braiding is good:

We talk briefly with Yuketen and Monitaly head Yuki:

And we run into Berlin Report:

Last edited:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who are the two guys with you? Is that Rach on the left?

Rooy

Reaction score
Well, now the question is if any of the cool stuff Buttero does is available outside of Japan and in bigger sizes ...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Day 2: More Buttero!

And if you ever wondered where those Japanese dudes get their crazy roughed out shoes, H'Katsukaawa From Tokyo is not a bad place to start:

It's too late here to post more, but tomorrow, you will see pictures of the FW13 Nigel Cabourn collection, including a picture of Nigel modeling his own "straight arrow" Viberg boots for us, and an all cashmere jacket and a bonded parka, and a sneak peak of the new SNS Herning collections (I have to okay the picture by Soren, the owner - the rest of the coverage will come out in March.,)... and much, much, more.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish buttero didn't reinforce the laces holes, I really like their sneakers but those kill it for me.

nice pics :)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot more from the collection later, but Nigel Cabourn is the coolest cat around - a real gentleman, and the nicest guy you could meet. He was on our place from Amsterdam, and he was very welcoming at his booth. Here, he models a pair of his personal pair of Viberg Chukkas that Brett Viberg had gifted him (he said it was his everyday wear, which to me, makes us sartorial brothers, since my everyday wear are suede chukkas in one form or another) that he calls the "straight and narrow", to keep him away from wine, women, and something else, which I forget. They will be exclusively at 14 ounces in Berlin, and Barneys' in New York, at a price he called "bloody expensive," north of 10 C-bills. I said that maybe for the super rish, they weren't so much, and he said that it was probably a lot for everyone. Another jacket, which I really want, but will probably not be able to afford unless someone suddenly leaves me Bill Gate's money, was a vest and jacket that was thick, pure, cashmere. We also took a picture with Nigel and his lads.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice. I wish you guys were filming some of this stuff!

Berlin Report has always been and will continue to be the ******* man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads