• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piped Blazer

GDXG

Reaction score
I am looking for makers of piped blazers. Sometimes called cricket, university, or school blazers. There was one on the RL site, but as usual it had a fake crest on it. Is anyone familiar with a manufacturer? Perhaps on Saville Row or an outfitter for England or Australia's finer schools? Please advise.

86371de5-6a75-4f75-93cc-d790aeb2d311cricket-blazer.jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Ede and Ravenscroft on Savile Row as you seem to be happy with bespoke.

There are tailors but it will cost: Do you have any connection to a club or whatever which adopts this style or are you seeking costume?

GDXG

Reaction score
I would really prefer something OTR. It is for a themed wedding and I don't know how much I would wear it afterwards. Probably never.

GDXG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Try Ede and Ravenscroft on Savile Row as you seem to be happy with bespoke.

There are tailors but it will cost: Do you have any connection to a club or whatever which adopts this style or are you seeking costume?

That is a good point GBR. Who knows any of the famous club outfitters? I have tried looking through places I know provide ties in club colors, but none seem to deal in blazers.

Navi

Reaction score
I feel like I should hate that jacket, but I don't... I actually kind of like it. Rock that **** as a costume
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
(no idea about your question, carry on
laugh.gif
)

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like piping on blazers like that, but a little more subdued. H&M was selling something like this recently, although I'm not sure if that's the quality you're looking for.

GDXG

Reaction score
I found this:[URL='http://is.gd/i3m6kb']/i3m6kb[/URL]. It is not exactly what I am looking for. The jacket is short and seems to have little structure. I also suspect the material is cheap, but I guess I can't complain if I'm not prepared to shell out the $$$ for a bespoke costume.

Johnny24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I really like piping on blazers like that, but a little more subdued. H&M was selling something like this recently, although I'm not sure if that's the quality you're looking for.

I actually bought the H&M in navy blue, it is not bad for a cotton blazer, which can only be so nice below a specific price point. I snagged it for a last minute jacket that I needed for a surprise birthday party when my patch pocket Hickey blazer was not ready from my alterations tailor.

It fits slim, so there is little need for the waist to be taken in but you might want to get the sleeves taken up to show some cuff (which I am having done now). It is really not a bad jacket for $75.00-ish, a few people I know thought it was Armani or some other high fashion brand. As a bonus, my girlfriend thinks it is ugly, which means it rocks in the iGent world.

They offer it in grey too.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GDXG
http://www.walters-oxford.co.uk/boating-blazers.html

These folks seem to be one of the primary suppliers for this type of jacket. The ordering looks painless and they are relatively affordable. It also appears that you can order them without the crests which would be perfect.

They are a reliable retailer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads