• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

rharlow

Reaction score
Just received my haul from the HangerProject Lavabre Cadet gloves sale. First, I picked the cashmere-lined goatskins since I needed a durable and reasonably warm winter glove. I normally wouldn't buy goatskin, as it tends to be thick and ungainly when utilized by most glove makers, but these are incredibly soft and supple, and the whole-cut pattern (no seam along the index finger) makes them slender and wearable with a nice coat or even a suit jacket. Machine stitched, and the goatskin is very strong and will clearly hold up in foul weather and under the strain of forcefully scraping ice off the car windows. These are my first Lavabre Cadet gloves with a cashmere lining, and I can attest that the cashmere is of a much higher quality and thicker than any other glove maker that I've seen so far. These should keep me warm throughout most of the winter, perhaps down to single digits. They are very, very dark brown, but certainly not black, and have full quarks between the fingers. HangerProject still has a bunch of these in stock, a steal at $85. If you are in the market for the highest quality, super-durable winter gloves, snatch 'em up!
Goatskin1.jpg
Goatskin2.jpg

rharlow

Reaction score
Part 2 of my Hanger Project Lavabre Cadet gloves purchase: chocolate brown sheepskin shearling. Now, these were supposed to be the brown version of the aubergine (eggplant-burgundy) sheepskins I posted earlier. I liked the gloves so much, incredibly soft sheepskin with super warm shearling inside, that I thought I'd pick up another pair to alternate next winter, and for $93 you can't go wrong. Well, I opened the package and this is what greeted me. These are a different LC sheepskin model, ones which originally retailed for $395 and ran out of stock a couple months ago. Normally I would contact HP and return them, but what a turn of luck! These are outstanding. Same incredibly soft sheepskin as the others, whole-cut with full quirks, hand-stitched, but no nerves along the back. But the extra long cut is going to be great come winter. Riding well past the wrist and up the lower arm, they'll be extremely warm and can be tucked into a coat to assure the snow stays out. Or, the ends can be folded back as pictured, leaving a nice chocolate band of shearling, and still an inch in a half longer than the others. The color is much richer and more supple than in the photos (it looks like some sort of thick falconry glove in these pics, sorry!). As always, with Lavabre Cadet, the stitching is unsurpassed, so tight and cut so close. These are my fifth pair of LC gloves and I've decided to go exclusively with LC for all gloves in the future, clearly head and shoulders above other glove makers!

Sheepskin1.jpg

Sheepskin2.jpg

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but my gloves order from Hanger Project was suddenly cancelled and they sent a refund.

Did anyone else place an order only to have it cancelled?

papado

Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but my gloves order from Hanger Project was suddenly cancelled and they sent a refund.

Mine wasn't cancelled but they said they shipped and were not included in my box; when I inquired they said they didn't have stock and I should not have been able to order them (oh and they're not restocking obviously). I'm so annoyed because I missed out on the opportunity to buy others because I thought the two pairs I ordered were available.

This is my 5th order with HP this year which has had a major stock issue so to say I'm annoyed at HP and KA would be an understatement. I'd swear off them totally but not many other places stock LC gloves and I really like my LC gloves I've gotten before.

rharlow

Reaction score

Wow, that's terrible! So sorry to hear it. I was surprised to notice a couple days ago that their gloves section was taken down, while the day before they still appeared to have plenty of goatskins in stock, as well as one peccary. That's all a bit strange. What did you order? Have you sent them an inquiry?

rharlow

Reaction score
Mine wasn't cancelled but they said they shipped and were not included in my box; when I inquired they said they didn't have stock and I should not have been able to order them (oh and they're not restocking obviously). I'm so annoyed because I missed out on the opportunity to buy others because I thought the two pairs I ordered were available.

This is my 5th order with HP this year which has had a major stock issue so to say I'm annoyed at HP and KA would be an understatement. I'd swear off them totally but not many other places stock LC gloves and I really like my LC gloves I've gotten before.
This is a problem. Hanger Project should respond. Hopefully if they'll notice this thread, I know KA contributes to Styleforum from time to time--you might mention this thread and discussion in your emails with them.

papado

Reaction score
This is a problem. Hanger Project should respond. Hopefully if they'll notice this thread, I know KA contributes to Styleforum from time to time--you might mention this thread and discussion in your emails with them.

I've tried to complain in email after my 3rd or 4th order issue but they (customer service) didn't seem too bothered even after I gave some background via email. I'm sure Kirby is a good business man and would hate to hear it but I'm also a realist in the sense I'm not sure what complaining really does for me. Honestly any time my HP order actually ships within 2 days of ordering I'm ecstatic which says how my experiences have been this year...

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My order was canceled as well, and I ordered quite literally moments after the sale was announced. Also irritated because had I known I would have purchased the kidskin suede and navy carpincho instead of the peccary.

rharlow

Reaction score
My order was canceled as well, and I ordered quite literally moments after the sale was announced. Also irritated because had I known I would have purchased the kidskin suede and navy carpincho instead of the peccary.
So sorry to hear it, what a shame. I've had annoying shipping delays, but nothing like that. I'm guessing it's a problem with their online site, with changes in inventory (i.e. a sale) not updating the site in time. You should write to them as well, or post something about your experience on one of their Youtube videos. Kirby often reads those, if they are recent videos, and the public display may prompt them to do something. They should at least offer you all a substantial gift certificate or something for this.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a response I got to my email asking for an explanation.

“Thank you for your email. We issued a refund for the gloves you purchased because they are out of stock and we will no longer be restocking our gloves. We apologize for the inconvenience and the system glitch that allowed you to make this purchase. We are doing our best to fix this issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions.”

Unfortunate.

This was the first time I ordered something from Hanger Project. I am more into shoes than gloves, but was looking forward to my first pair of nice gloves.

To rant wasn’t my intent, but the experience with HP has left a bad taste in my mouth. I wish them well and hope they will fix their system.

FeffeCarl

Reaction score
I am considering the idea of buying a new pair of peccary gloves by Lavabre Cadet... but before paying so much money I'd like to receive a review about that: do they worth? Comparing them to HESTRA peccary?
We are talking of about 500€ of difference, therefore I need some more information...

rharlow

Reaction score
I am considering the idea of buying a new pair of peccary gloves by Lavabre Cadet... but before paying so much money I'd like to receive a review about that: do they worth? Comparing them to HESTRA peccary?
We are talking of about 500€ of difference, therefore I need some more information...
It's a good question. Lavabre Cadet's peccary gloves are definitely the best you can get. I don't own a pair of LC peccaries, but I've felt them and tried them on in their Paris store (Camille Fournet). Rarding quality, I can't say the peccary is that noticeably higher in quality than that of my Hestras. But peccary can vary quite a bit from batch to batch, even color to color. The biggest difference is the construction. The hand stitching in LC's gloves are so tight and close, far more per inch than Hestra. In fact, my Hungant peccaries have tighter stitching than my Hestras, and they're half the price, though their peccary quality is lower than Hestra's (but LC has a significantly higher stitch count than Hungant, and MUCH higher than Hestra). Also, both Hestra and LC make their peccary gloves whole cut, without a seam along the index finger, which is definitely preferable.

So, whether the higher stitch count is worth an additional 500€, you'll have to make the call. In my opinion, I would only splurge for LC peccary gloves if I can get them completely bespoke. This requires two visits to their Paris showroom, about a couple months apart. When I asked them, they said their bespoke price is the same as their ready-to-wear. It just requires an investment of time from the buyer to come in and get measured, then fitted and adjusted once the gloves are made. For me, I'm waiting until I have a couple visits to Paris within the span of several months, then I'll go for it (maybe next summer, hurrah!). That way, I know I'm getting the best quality, AND best fit for 1,000€.

Please share pics, regardless of where you end up ordering them!

papado

Reaction score
It's a good question. Lavabre Cadet's peccary gloves are definitely the best you can get. I don't own a pair of LC peccaries, but I've felt them and tried them on in their Paris store (Camille Fournet). Rarding quality, I can't say the peccary is that noticeably higher in quality than that of my Hestras. But peccary can vary quite a bit from batch to batch, even color to color. The biggest difference is the construction. The hand stitching in LC's gloves are so tight and close, far more per inch than Hestra. In fact, my Hungant peccaries have tighter stitching than my Hestras, and they're half the price, though their peccary quality is lower than Hestra's (but LC has a significantly higher stitch count than Hungant, and MUCH higher than Hestra). Also, both Hestra and LC make their peccary gloves whole cut, without a seam along the index finger, which is definitely preferable.

So, whether the higher stitch count is worth an additional 500€, you'll have to make the call. In my opinion, I would only splurge for LC peccary gloves if I can get them completely bespoke. This requires two visits to their Paris showroom, about a couple months apart. When I asked them, they said their bespoke price is the same as their ready-to-wear. It just requires an investment of time from the buyer to come in and get measured, then fitted and adjusted once the gloves are made. For me, I'm waiting until I have a couple visits to Paris within the span of several months, then I'll go for it (maybe next summer, hurrah!). That way, I know I'm getting the best quality, AND best fit for 1,000€.

Please share pics, regardless of where you end up ordering them!

I don't believe Hestra makes one piece peccary pattern gloves; just checked my two pairs and they clearly have the seam on the index finger. My LC gloves (kidskin and kidskin suede) all do not have that seam and they do have the option to do seamless/one-piece peccary gloves. I believe Hungant has the ability to do one piece Peccary if you ask (listed on etsy for $250 with cashmere lining).

rharlow

Reaction score
I don't believe Hestra makes one piece peccary pattern gloves; just checked my two pairs and they clearly have the seam on the index finger. My LC gloves (kidskin and kidskin suede) all do not have that seam and they do have the option to do seamless/one-piece peccary gloves. I believe Hungant has the ability to do one piece Peccary if you ask (listed on etsy for $250 with cashmere lining).
The pictures on Hestra’s site are inconsistent, some one piece, others two. My gray Hestra peccaries are one piece (see pics in this thread), and their North American rep assures me that one can order them one piece, just ask. Indeed, Hungant will make them one piece for $250, with quirks. All of my LC are one piece (goatskin, sheepskin, kidskin), which is one reason I'm sticking with LC for all of my gloves in the future. Their peccaries are just priced so much higher than everything else.

robast

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been into gloves for quite a while, and have already had an unlined pair of tan peccary gloves, which were unfortunately stolen, and currently own a pair of suède lambskin, rabbit fur lined gloves. These gloves however are very warm and thus cannot be worn from autumn through spring, as I live in a relatively mild climate (Belgium). Now I want to buy a new pair of gloves and have slimmed down my choices but I'm still unsure as to what I should choose. I could opt for the MTO hungant peccary gloves, merola peccary gloves, or the hazelnut lambskin silk lined gloves from Lavabre Cadet that Beige Habilleur offers. I love the construction of Lavabre, but unfortunately their peccary is out of my pricerange.
What bothers me however is that i do not know lambskin would be tough enough to be worn 3 times a week... Besides that, I do not know whether i should opt for silk/unlined gloves or cashmere lined gloves.
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads