1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pediwear, Aug 19, 2015.

1. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

Many apologies, my good sir.

1 person likes this.
  2. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

Hi All

Being a bit cheeky here ( not for the first time, hopefully not the last - last get it ?!! )

Is there a style forum discount for members at Pediwear, I know this isn't an Affiliate thread but some others do have an

SF discount

eg

AFPOS has (SF1O) = 10 discount over a certain spend

I have my eye on a pair of Cheaney boots and an online discount code might just tip me over the edge (not literally I hope!)

I did say I was being cheeky now didn't I

Cheers guys

Carl.

3. pediwear

pediwear Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi Carl

Unfortunately we do not currently offer any Styleforum discount. I hope this doesn't put you off buying from us. We have only just started selling Cheaney and they are already proving popular with our customers.

I wonder which boot you are interested in? The Ribble has proved very popular for us. I think it is too near summer for you to be considering the Tweed or Pennine, so it must be the Ribble or the Jackie??

Kind Regards

Mike

1 person likes this.
  4. atia2

atia2 Senior member

FWIW my experience is that Loake's rubber quarter heels wear by far the slowest of the brands I've worn (which include almost all the Northampton makers). I don't know what they're made of, but it's no ordinary rubber!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  5. cypi2

cypi2 Senior member

@atia2 is right: There seems to be something special about Loake's rubber quarter heels. Just like him, I own quite a few pairs of shoes from different Northampton makers, and, Loake's rubber quarter heels are by far the toughest of all.

6. pediwear

Hi Guys

Gosh how fascinating. I had not heard this before. It is a good selling point for Loake shoes!. I will see if I can find out more about where they source their heels from. My first though would have been that many of the manufacturers obtain them from the same place but that doesn't fit with what you are saying.

Mike

7. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Hi Mike,

I noticed Pediwear has a few Carmina models that are especially made for Pediwear and are competitively priced. Any particular reason that you carry these models instead of the regular Carmina models? Is the quality the same as the regular Carmina range?

Thanks.

Akshat

8. cypi2

cypi2 Senior member

9. pediwear

Hi Akshat

Thank you for your interest in our Carmina styles. They certainly are made to the same high standards as Carmina's own shoes, and are supplied in the same wonderful boxes with shoe bags. We choose these particular styles because we consider them to be the best available to suit our market. We haven't deliberately avoided choosing existing Carmina styles, we have just chosen lasts and styles which we consider would work for us.

Are there any styles within their range which you are particularly interested in? It would be helpful for us to know!

Kind Regards

Mike

10. trum01

trum01 Senior member

Thanks for the response Mike. I was just asking out of curiosity since I had not seen those model names elsewhere and was not sure what the difference was between those and the regular Carmina models. I am actually looking at oxfords, and the ones you carry would definitely work, as would the regular models ones on Carmina's site (e.g. Forest, Rain).

Cheers

11. yeknal

yeknal Senior member

@Pediwear any plans for a restock of the Carmina Ruben in UK 11?

12. pediwear

Hi trum01

Yes Carmina were a little confused by our use of names on the site. Perhaps it is not such a good idea if it makes people think they are some how difference from the regular models. However, we so much prefer using names than numbers / last names!

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance. We are expecting more stock of Tobias, Nicolas and Gabriel in May.

Mike

13. Viral

Viral Senior member

Mike.........what is the shipping cost for US orders?

14. pediwear

We are expecting some in leather for the Autumn but unfortunately not up to that size.

There is a good chance we might order some in the suede for next spring, and since the style has been successful we could well extend the size run - but that is a long way off I am afraid - I am sorry we can't be any more helpful in the meantime.

Regards

Mike

15. pediwear

Hi Viral

What are you planning on ordering? The standard shipping charge for a pair of shoes to the US is £18 GBP but we have free shipping offers on some brands.

Regards

Mike

16. pediwear

Hello everyone

I couldn't wait for our professional photos to show you these Trickers Stow Burgundy Cordovan. Receiving a delivery of shoes like this is why I love my job.

The photos do not do them justice - we will have some proper shots of them on the website as soon as possible. Let me know what yu think...

Regards

Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

Those look great Mike, love the rich Burgundy colour and Cordovan as well, very nice

How much are they ?

Carl.

1 person likes this.
  18. pediwear

Hi Carl

Yes, we are very pleased with the colour too. We were originally looking at a dark brown cordovan but I am so pleased we opted for the burgundy now.

Being Cordovan they will not be cheap of course, at present we think the price will be £690 (though I can't promise this will be final).

Regards

Mike

1 person likes this.
  19. pediwear

Hi All

Some news for Carmina fans - our Tobias, Gabriel and Nicolas are all back in stock thanks to a Spring delivery from Majorca.

[​IMG]Gabriel

[​IMG]Tobias

[​IMG]Nicolas

I though Barker fans might also like this couple of images from a recent shoot we did. The McClean Paisley in red is spectacular don't you think? We love the star shaped punches on the Jenson too..

.[​IMG]

Barker McClean Paisley in red calf

[​IMG]
    Barker Jenson

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. yorkshire pud

yorkshire pud Senior member

It's nice to see a familiar local business on this site (I'm new)

I bought some Barker Lambourne boots in store last year, the service in the shop was excellent, they even sent someone over the road to the storerooms to get the correct polish for me as a bonus.

I'll be back for some new chukkas soon.