• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peccary gloves

kansen_leon

Reaction score
I dunno.....they aren't as nice as these, in my opinion: http://www.bensilver.com/fs_stor....ay=2385 A little pricey, but the leather looks really great-- I have a similar pair I got on sale from Neiman Marcus a while back in Chicago.
Hi, you can see more PECCARY PERU gloves at http://www.peccaryperu.com.pe/0_chompas.htm actually the website is in spanish, but you can see the pics in higher quality and can realize all peccary peru gloves are handsewn, and if you see it carefully, you can realize the differences of these 2 leathers (peccary peru's one is softer and looks better than bensilver's one) plz check the link aobve, and about if peccary peru gloves use genuine peccary leather it's TRUE, i am an expert in peccary leather and it's true. What's more, i know that these gloves cost much more than $50, what we are doing is promoting it... maybe in future price rises, so i recommend you buy as soon as you can.. jaja greetings to all fans of peccary
smile.gif

eunice

Reaction score
I would not consider myself a rabblerousing activist, but I have to raise the spector on this thread. Â Is it possible that (i) the gloves are not actually peccary but domestic pig, or (ii) that this particular seller is breaking the law by failing to pay taxes for an endangered species? Â A few months ago I contacted Alpaca 111, which is a large Peruvian retailer with direct ties to the largest Camelid (alpaca, vicuna, etc.) fiber producers and peccary producers about purchasing peccary gloves through them. Â This was the response: "The cost per glove would be $77.00, plus $100 (CITEX), which are an exports permission for species in danger of extintion." In other words, gloves from what I consider pretty close to the production source are $177 including taxes. Â Seriously, if you are buying vicuna from, say, Loro Piana, you are buying this company's vicuna, so it's not a fly by night operation but one that does legitimate good in Peru. Â Now perhaps these guys can get the gloves for $27 less than Alpaca 111. Â But what about the $100 tax? Â This suggests to me that either they aren't paying the tax, which goes to the propogation of the species and can be thanked for the survival of, among other things, the vicuna species, or else you're buying domestic pig. Â Any thoughts of this conundrum, because I'd like to get a couple of pairs too, but don't really want to be taken to the cleaners and don't want to be breaking a rather beneficial law?
The $100 for CITES is only for exportation. This gloves are sent as samples. That's why you are saving the $100.
smile.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds like the $100 CITES tax is per shipment, not per pair of gloves. Am I correct??

kansen_leon

Reaction score
Sounds like the $100 CITES tax is per shipment, not per pair of gloves. Am I correct??
Yeah, the $100 is a fixed cost per shipment, it includes CITES certificate and Origin certificate
biggrin.gif

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has someone bought L size?

Can you give me the lenght of all fingers?

Thanks

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those in the know - there's a pair of gloves on p. 276-7 of Roetzel's Gentleman book - the main picture. Are these gloves peccary, do you think? They have a very interesting texture... Also, how do you measure your glove sizing? I have a pair of gloves here marked '9.5' which are perhaps 3/4 of an inch to an inch too big on each finger - where does this number come from? Thanks, guys...
Yes, the Roetzel picture is of peccary gloves. Here are a couple of glove size links http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/T...GloveSizes.htm http://www.gloves-online.com/sizing.htm
Srange to see measures are not the same on these 2 sites. Andy should have made a mistake.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has someone bought L size?

Can you give me the lenght of all fingers?

Thanks
Sorry I finaly need M on the seconde site.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Digging up an old topic, but I'm still confused on the sizing. If you go to the Peccary Peru website, click 'Linea de Guantes' under the 'Productos' menu, and then go to the next page, there's the company's sizing information. It suggests to me that, if your hand measures 8.5" around, you should order the size 8. Is this different to the sizing on the eBay page? Those who ordered gloves, did you order the size corresponding to your actual hand measurement - for example, did those with an 8.5" hand measurement order the medium (8.5") gloves? How did they work out for you? I e-mailed and asked, but I'm having trouble with the language barrier. Apparently the glove model is the same from sizes 6.5" to 9", though, so I can order a 7.5" or even 7" if need be.

agent.5

Reaction score
I don't know if this help: I wear cadet medium large golf glove, and the Large fits just fine.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't play golf, sorry, but thanks all the same.

Anyone else want to take a stab at it?

theodoro

Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of peccary suede gloves in Florence; being very happy with them, I searched for an ecommerce site that sells them.  The Italian retailer I found has the exact gloves @ $107, I haven't accounted for refund of VAT or shipping charge. This is certainly less than Paul Stuart.  They are offered in four colors, black, dark brown, tobacco brown and dark grey. They are another option for peccary gloves, admittedly more expensive than Peccary Peru, but a bargain and different  to boot.  Sergio di Cori Gloves Navigation:  Select language, select catalog, select Men's unlined gloves. Best regards, Teo

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Digging up an old topic, but I'm still confused on the sizing. If you go to the Peccary Peru website, click 'Linea de Guantes' under the 'Productos' menu, and then go to the next page, there's the company's sizing information. It suggests to me that, if your hand measures 8.5" around, you should order the size 8. Is this different to the sizing on the eBay page? Those who ordered gloves, did you order the size corresponding to your actual hand measurement - for example, did those with an 8.5" hand measurement order the medium (8.5") gloves? How did they work out for you? I e-mailed and asked, but I'm having trouble with the language barrier. Apparently the glove model is the same from sizes 6.5" to 9", though, so I can order a 7.5" or even 7" if need be.
I followed their instructions and the gloves were too small. Â Fortunately, they were quite willing to exchange them. Â I haven't received the new ones yet, but based on my experience, I don't recommend subtracting the half size from your hand measurement. dan

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I believe these gloves are still being sold on ebay, but at $169 now. Hopefully it's a seasonal increase... Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads