• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Fredrick shirts?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came across these shirt and was wondering what people think of Paul Fredrick shirts? I never heard of them before and was curious if anyone has heard of them? Any experiences? Yay or Nay?

matcha

Reaction score
I bought some PF shirts for the following reasons:

1. They have a great range of sleeve sizes so I was able to avoid paying to shorten the sleeve, which costs me 9 to 15 bucks on other RTW shirts. I could get exactly the sleeve size I wanted.

2. I wanted the front ? placquet ? to be "French" style, or whatever it's called, meaning a smooth front. This, and the "European collar" PF sells, would give me a shirt that looked less like an American style shirt and more like an Italian or French one. It would go better with Italian suits.

3. Sometimes, there were incredible sales, like $17 for a shirt.

I bought their shirts for a few years, and have not for the past few years. They're just not that exciting to wear, and in the end they don't really look like European shirts, just American ones with some adjustments.

However, if you want an American shirt, it's a good product for the money.

The rest of their clothing (ties, tops, slacks, suits, shoes) never appealed to me in terms of design.

Mike

Reaction score
There was some minor discussion about this here about a month or so ago and it came up before that. Â Try the search function, because it may have been deleated.

matcha

Reaction score
Relatively inexpensive, a little more style-oriented than, say, BB, but basically functional and not very exciting.
Mack, you summed up nicely what I was trying to say.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh they are on sale for $19.95 right now, but only the white shirts, which i need, might pick one or two up then.

johnw86

Reaction score
At that price, they're a good buy. They wear well and will last you for several years. (They frequently run that sale, for new customers only.)

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok question on size. Do they shrink at all and/or are they sized to shrink?

johnw86

Reaction score
I never had shrinkage issues--so if there was any, it was minimal. I'd buy your regular size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics