• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick Kane (Blackhawks) Officially Tries Out for the NFL

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
The guy makes 4 mil a year and he beats up a cabbie over 20 cents in change?! Classy. If it wasn't for the fact he had a cousin there I would have said it's the cabbie's fault for getting beat down by a 5'8 midget though.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
The guy makes 4 mil a year and he beats up a cabbie over 20 cents in change?! Classy. If it wasn't for the fact he had a cousin there I would have said it's the cabbie's fault for getting beat down by a 5'8 midget though.
Don't know if I blame him. Cabbies think they're entitled to whatever you give them. I hate it when a driver doesn't want to provide change, and sometimes you end up having to give way more than you should because he "doesn't have anything smaller than a $20". The guy probably talked **** to Kane and that's what led to this. Not a smart course of action for either of them, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the kid just because he's young and rich.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I heard about this earlier. What a stupid moron. Young and dumb. Hope this doesn't hurt his career at all.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait you don't blame him for beating the piss out of a guy who wrongly felt he was entitled to 20 cents??! It's not even a quarter. If I drop two dimes on the ground I might not bother to pick them up.
You have no idea what the cab driver said and what the situation was. Anyone who is a frequent traveler could tell you that cab drivers can be total pigs and very standoffish when it comes to giving change. I have come very close to losing it on guys who thought they were entitled to something, and assumed incorrectly that I wasn't going to tip them. I never said he should have beaten the guy, but something tells me the other guy was probably talking a lot of ****, if he didn't actually begin the physical altercation himself. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if the cab driver was a raging **** head.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lets look at the facts here...it was 5AM coming from a downtown club district (never been to Buffalo so don't know what kind of "clubs" are there)...he was probably **** faced and his cousin prob egged him on to kick the guys ass.

Sorry, if your a professional athlete with any tact you just gotta walk away from **** like this, not get sucked it to it.

Faced with a class C felony...could he go to jail? They may throw the book at him as an example.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Lets look at the facts here...it was 5AM coming from a downtown club district (never been to Buffalo so don't know what kind of "clubs" are there)...he was probably **** faced and his cousin prob egged him on to kick the guys ass.

Sorry, if your a professional athlete with any tact you just gotta walk away from **** like this, not get sucked it to it.

Faced with a class C felony...could he go to jail? They may throw the book at him as an example.

Na, he has enough money to fight it. Plus, if Heatley got off, then I'm sure Kane will be alright.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually Kane made only $875,000 last year. Damn rookie contracts.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, facts and assumptions are the same thing.
confused.gif

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good catch...but if he wasn't drunk its even worse...

Drunk or not it was still a very poor decision.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
The story seems to be changing quickly. . .seems like a misunderstanding blown out of proportion.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
The story seems to be changing quickly. . .seems like a misunderstanding blown out of proportion.

Yes, the attorney for the cab driver stated it earlier today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads