• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris in the summer

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Forgive me if this isn't compelling to other members or has been discussed before, but I haven't found any particularly interesting threads on the topic of Paris.

I'll be there towards the end of the month for two weeks. I'm staying in the Palais Royal, directly across the street from Maison Martin Margiela and Kitsune. I'll definitely be going to Colette, Studio Homme, and French Trotters. I'll also be hitting the major staples like Lanvin, etc. during sales week. I downloaded Sufu's Superguide which is interesting but less helpful than I'd hoped.

Does anyone have any suggestions for streetwear shopping that I'm missing? Food would be welcome as well. GQ actually did a great May 2011 write up on new Parisian food that I'll be referencing.

I thought there might be interest in a thread like this, and I do realize there is a travel section, but seeing as I spend most of my time in SW&D and that is really my interest (and there is a regular LA thread), I posted here. I figure Paris is a pretty popular destination.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This place is pretty hit or miss, but I've found some nice "vintage" (early 2000's) ysl and helmut lang (one of my favorite pairs of jeans, in fact). Mostly women's, but if you're in the area (which I'm sure you will be at one point), stop by. Interesting dressmakers in the area as well, not to mention all the usual suspects.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/violette-et-leonie-paris

mugatu

Reaction score
For streetwear, hit up Royal Cheese rue tiquetonne & Starcow rue st honorÃ
00a9.png

tooshay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
You guys rock. Where is Le Timbre on the price side? Reservations necessary?

Reserations crucial (it's tiny) but I actually don't remember the price. It's nothing crazy, though. Completely reasonable and utterly amazing.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, at some Parisian restaurants they won't serve you unless you're in a jacket and tie. So make sure to pack a suit or at least a blazer.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's neither shopping nor food, but a fun place to get some drinks (or at least it was five years ago, when I was last there
redface.gif
) is called, if I remember right, Le Pop In. It's in Oberkampf (11th ar.). Also, the best falafel you will ever have is in Le Marais. I know it's not exactly what you think of when you think of Paris, but people line up for it. I don't remember the exact name, but if you Google it I'm sure you can find it.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and one other bit of advice that you can take or leave: when I went to Paris, I made the mistake of eating at a lot of middle-of-the-road restaurants. I wanted to eat as much good food as possible, but I didn't have the money to eat at a great place every night. What I ended up doing is eating at several mid-range restaurants and no really great ones (well, maybe one), thus spending a lot of cash but having few memorable meals. What I should have done is eat cheaply on most days, and then spend the money saved on a couple of really great places. You'll still eat well that way. It's not hard to find really delicious ham and cheese served on a fresh baguette, and decent wine is all over and reasonably priced. Maybe that advice is moot with the trend toward more casual, less "fine dining" places springing up, which are probably cheaper as well, but that was my experience anyway.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
It's neither shopping nor food, but a fun place to get some drinks (or at least it was five years ago, when I was last there
redface.gif
) is called, if I remember right, Le Pop In. It's in Oberkampf (11th ar.). Also, the best falafel you will ever have is in Le Marais. I know it's not exactly what you think of when you think of Paris, but people line up for it. I don't remember the exact name, but if you Google it I'm sure you can find it.

The one you're thinking of is l'as du fallafel. dunno why it's so popular, really.

Blenheimer

Reaction score
I paid a visit to this concept store during my last Paris trip 2 weeks ago. http://centrecommercial.cc/ It's a pet project of the guys behind French sneakers brand Veja and offers quite an interesting selection of labels with a local and/or authentic approach such as French manufactured Bleu de Paname and Saint James to name a few plus foreign stuff such as US made The-Hill-Side as well as few other less obvious but very interesting names. They also happen to stock a nice selection of shoes and sneakers, bags and luggage and books. Staff happens to be quite friendly, it's a few steps away from a nice walk along Canal St Germain and you'll find an A.P.C boutique right across the street. I'll definitely go back there. Think Colette without the pseudo-trendy Moscow crowd (that said Colette remains a must if it's your first time in Paris)

tedbearz

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread but wondering what I should pack/wear for a week in Paris in late July.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt