• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat

Eijimiyake

Reaction score
I received the refund now, thank you. It's a shame it took the type of post above but email communications had gotten nowhere and prior promises of delivery & refunds hadn't materialized.

I will send you my size, shape & address again, via email. If received, I will update this forum too.

panamabob

Reaction score
It didn't take that type of post, I refunded before I even knew about this idiocy. If I have a problem, I take care of it, generally by email or telephone. Sometimes it takes a long time. Guys like you exist and feel it is your duty to shame people. More power to you. I service a lot of hat shops, hatters, and customers and sometimes these things happen. 95% of our customers are happy the first time and then when I fix the problem 99% are happy. There is always that 1% though. Let's hope you don't fit there. You should see how greedy people get when I offer a free hat. They think it's going to be a $500 or $1000 hat.

Last edited:

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy or have any comments regarding Montecristi Panama Hats from this website? Montecristi Panama Hats I'm looking for a starter panama hat for under $100.

The hats for less than $100 are not Montecristis. Nothing wrong with that, at all. The Cuenca hats are perfectly fine for the money, but they are a coarser weave and stiffer than a good Montecristi.

When you're ready for a good Panama, contact Brent Black at Panama Hats of the Pacific.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The hats for less than $100 are not Montecristis. Nothing wrong with that, at all. The Cuenca hats are perfectly fine for the money, but they are a coarser weave and stiffer than a good Montecristi.

When you're ready for a good Panama, contact Brent Black at Panama Hats of the Pacific.

Thanks for the Brent Black info...I bought a cheap one from J Crew to wear to the beach and about this summer to see how I like it since I'm not used to wearing a hat.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you recommend a good starter Panama for around $100. Not sure I want to spend $300 for a Panama. A good winter hat, yes.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you recommend a good starter Panama for around $100. Not sure I want to spend $300 for a Panama. A good winter hat, yes.

No, not really. But for less than $100, I see no reason not to try a hat from the company you originally linked to.

Bareheid

Reaction score

I'm happy for you that you are able to deliver on your Kickstarter projects but I'm less happy that you haven't bothered to deliver anything to me, not even a response to my last emails.
I paid you $260 last september for a 65cm Extra Fino Montecristi - the size wasn't a problem apparently but you said it would take a while.
I wasn't in a rush, 6 months would have been fine, 12 months is starting to be silly.
Will I ever see a hat or do I need to push for a refund?

Isaac7719

Reaction score
I'm a Jew just like you Mr Robert Weber (panamabob),the difference between me and you is that i don't take advantage of the poor peasants in Ecuador,the panamabob is doing business on ebay also,and frequently bait and switch practices and sale his low Cuenca hats promised as Montecristi and high grade Cuenca,he is doing business exactly like hedge funds ,after burn so many customers to different websites he own and after to many complaints from customers ask for refunds because they receive not what they expect,he will shut down his website and open new websites.I had business with Brent and i can only say i find not disappointment and were very professional always.I'm not surprised that i'm not the only one i was burn from this guy Robert Weber.

Last edited:

Isaac7719

Reaction score
You did big mistake to deal with this unscrupulous guy Robert Weber also known as Panamabob,he will send you now way Montecristi you will be lucky if you see Cuenca grade 8 sold it to you as Montecristi. Of course you will see many usernames here and there in other forums and many users that support him and hear only nice things about him but in reality many of this usernames are created by him to boost the attention to his cheap panama hats,many are Brisa and low grade Cuenca. Any person with honest business and not shady practices will not do such practices bait and switch,you have no idea how many websites this guy shut down and reopen new ones after he burn the customers,and soon he get negative reviews on ebay also he close his account and reopen new one fresh.He didn't like because i fallow his tracks everywhere of this impostor Robert Weber. You want to know my opinion ,buy vintage panama if you find on ebay or buy only from reputable salers even will cost you more $$$. Be very carefully with this Robert Weber Panama Bob,do your homework before you buy any hat from him.

Last edited:

Bareheid

Reaction score
Not sure if he's the evil genius you suggest or just a commercial shambles but either way he doesn't do himself any favours by ignoring people he has taken money from.

I saw in an earlier post that he is a teacher in Window Rock, AZ. If that's true he should be traceable and I think I'll see if I can find a sympathetic ear in the local police department to rattle his cage a little.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not sure if he's the evil genius you suggest or just a commercial shambles but either way he doesn't do himself any favours by ignoring people he has taken money from.

I saw in an earlier post that he is a teacher in Window Rock, AZ. If that's true he should be traceable and I think I'll see if I can find a sympathetic ear in the local police department to rattle his cage a little. 

I thought he used to be in the mid-west?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads