• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P Johnson MTM

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
PJohnson Trunk show dates:

Singapore - this week 3rd - 5th July
NYC - 8-11 July
LA - 15-17 July

PM for details

magnum13th

Reaction score
Just ordered a Suit Shop mid grey (charcoal) suit for business around 4 weeks ago, will post photos when arrived
smile.gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what factory produces PJ suits? So far I've only gathered that they're made somewhere in Italy. Thanks.

I think that they use two manufacturers in Italy, one in Rome and one in Naples.

In Naples, they've been using Orazio Luciano, also known as La Vera Sartoria Napoletana.

I don't know who they use in Rome, but you could always ask them.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get your made to measure from suit supply, its the same people

theres a lot of hot air, the suits are made in an italian style but actually all made in china using the same manufacturing as suit supply

Perhaps there's some confusion here because P.Johnson now has two businesses.

There's P.Johnson, which used to have its suits made in the Netherlands but which now largely has its suits made in two different places in Italy.

Then there's Suit Shop, which was the original name of P.Johnson Tailors before Patrick Johnson decided to call it P.Johnson Tailors, and which has now been brought back as a "budget" line.

Suit Shop suits are made in China, although I don't know whether they are made by the same place that makes suits for Suit Supply.

TL/DR version: P.Johnson suits are made in Europe whereas suits from Suit Shop, the cheaper subsidiary of P.Johnson, are made in China.

vida

Reaction score
Journeyman-
Can you comment on the dress shirts offered on the e-commerce site. They look great and I have thought about having some sent to the U.S. Made in Italy?

Lowndes

Reaction score
As an FYI, they have now opened up a NY showroom so it is a lot more convenient for us guys in the States to have something made up. I've only dealt with them by email so far but they have been very informative and I'm looking forward to my first appointment.
'

Styleternity

Reaction score
Journeyman-
Can you comment on the dress shirts offered on the e-commerce site. They look great and I have thought about having some sent to the U.S. Made in Italy?

@vida - from what I have gathered, the majority of the made to measure shirting I've accumulated from them is manufactured in the Dunhill factory in Poland. Nothing to sneer at, buttons are gun handle shanked, made with great collar bands and - if you so desire - good handiwork.

One of the PJ apprentices who I'm mates with also tells me they've recently started working with G Inglese, so if you wanted to go the whole handmade imperfect shirt route that's a possibility. If you're based in the U.S you could probs shoot Remy a message on Instagram and see the shirting in person at their New York showroom.

fox81

Reaction score
I have a bit of a dilemma. Earlier this year I ordered a suit (my 3rd) from P Johnson on one of their trips to Brisbane.
On delivery, I had a few issues with the fit so on their next visit I took it in and they agreed to make some alterations.
I got it back a few weeks after that and was happy with the jacket fit, the pants less so but resigned to get them altered locally at my expense. No big problem but as of now, I'm yet to sort that out.
I've worn it once or twice since and this week noticed something on the inside of the jacket. On inspection, the jacket has had a hole repaired. It is hard to notice it from the outside, but now that I know it is there, it irritates me. I can only speculate that it happened during alterations and not the factory, but its not that important as P Johnson facilitated those alterations.
Now I'm not sure asking for it to be remade is an appropriate response but Im not happy paying full price for MTM to have a hole that has been mended. I certainly wouldn't accept that from something I bought off the shelf.

Im interested in what people think is an appropriate response. I haven't contacted them yet as I'm not sure how I want it dealt with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads