• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

rxryan

Reaction score
shank jacket is versatile and great as a mid layer. i am interested in the new airspace material, as it seems to have the potential to be a very light isolation layer. anyone pick one up before they sold out?
Mine is being delivered tomorrow. Received my airspace/merino pullover and I think it's going back just based on the fit of the thing. Too boxy :-/.

The airspace mesh component definitely feels weird. A three-dimensional mesh (structurally rigid to a point) that compresses when you pinch it and rebounds instantly... hopefully it maintains it's structural integrity (my all too early impression is that it will) and maintain it's intended effect over time.

Either way on how you feel about this two-piece release, props to Outlier for pushing the boundaries. This may be my single favorite release even though there's a good chance I won't be keeping either item due to fit.

mikeylab

Reaction score
Mine is being delivered tomorrow. Received my airspace/merino pullover and I think it's going back just based on the fit of the thing. Too boxy :-/.

The airspace mesh component definitely feels weird. A three-dimensional mesh (structurally rigid to a point) that compresses when you pinch it and rebounds instantly... hopefully it maintains it's structural integrity (my all too early impression is that it will) and maintain it's intended effect over time.

Either way on how you feel about this two-piece release, props to Outlier for pushing the boundaries. This may be my single favorite release even though there's a good chance I won't be keeping either item due to fit.
thanks for the info! i really want to try the non merino version

mikeylab

Reaction score
I'm selling my OG freeshell, the fit is a little too slim for me. check link in my signature for photos if interested

azizi

Reaction score
Proof having a 40% discount... I'm wondering does the pants have gusseted crotch? Or does the 4-way stretch renders the such crotch unnecessary?

g33m

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a pair of Slim Dungarees in a 29 (which are sold out), let me know. I've got an unworn pair.

delluminatus

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the M-Back fabric?

For some reason I got myself one of the ultramagnetic bandanas. The magnetic closure is surprisingly effective, it's easy to clasp and the hold is strong enough even if you have long hair like myself. It's quite compact compared to a scarf. It keeps your face warm. It's very practical, the main problem is that it's a bandana, so unless you wear it under something, it looks dumb.

Last edited:

SuEd

Reaction score
Mback fabric is like the ultralights (but stronger, more resilient) with a merino liner.

You can wear a bandana over the shank/jean jacket, i.e. cowboy style, or over a bomber/no-collar jacket, i.e. streetwear style.

Otherwise the bandana goes perfectly under a hoodie etc. It's preferably to a merino buff under a hoodie because the ultramagnetic is easier to put on/take off and doesn't give redundant back neck protection. But yes, you're mostly paying a premium for fashion.

Last edited:

delluminatus

Reaction score
I actually have one of the Buff neck-tubes as well. Like Suri said, the advantage of the bandana is that it is a lot easier to put on or take off since you don't have to pull it over your head. Buffs are pretty unwieldy.

spencers

Reaction score
Can't decide on the M-back climbers. Static is such a cool color but I'm afraid these things are going to essentially be $240 sweatpants

Wally

Reaction score
Any chance anyone has a gray liberated wool peacoat in medium or large they or looking to get rid of?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads