• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

caid-bp7

Reaction score
I size them the same as I did my OGs which was making sure the waist fit. I find the SD fit is super forgiving because of the gusseted crotch. I've got four pairs of SD now and if I wasn't so lazy I'd get rid of the rest of my Outlier pants.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I try and get a good fit in the waist then I should be going 32 or 33, but I know thigh wont work which is why I'm thinking 35, maybe 34. I'm hoping this fabric is easier to have tailored than the OG cloth.

I feel like this run is slimmer than the last pair I had last year. Anyways the 33 was a bit too small, the 34s worked best for me. They have a 12" thigh would would be an absolute no go if it was denim, but the fabric and gusset helps. The fit sort of reminds me of the Uniqlo slim jeans that everyone liked, but a slightly bigger rise. They can be worn pretty darn slim because of the fabric, which is nice because I'm trying to get away from my usual baggy clothes but trying to keep the comfort levels at all time high.

I also got the climbers in 34, they are a bit too slim which is a shame though because these things are stretchy as hell. I could do a full squat workout in them easily and do stretches like the betzel in them. I'll have to keep my eye out on outlier and see if they make like a keirin cut in these, that would be awesome.

I got a size medium and large in the merino wool shirts, I think I will keep the medium. The large is a bit drapes on me a bit. I think the knit properties of the merino shirt looks better as a slim fit.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn that's a shame, so it measures 12" but feels like what? 12.5"?
I might be better going for 60/30s and having them tapered anyway since the guys at outlier told me the Dungaree's are pretty light, closer to the OG's than a regular cotton. I just hate the idea of spending $200 with full knowledge that I need to put more work into having them fit right.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say more like 12.5-13", especially with the gusset. Yea that sucks. I wouldn't buy stuff that i need to have altered, what's the leg opening of the 60/30? My jeans usually have like a 9.5" leg opening which sort of stinks and I'm enjoying this much smaller leg opening in the slim dungs.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah like 7.5" is about as high as I go for hems now. I wish more people used some stretch fabrics though, Unis gios would be perfect with like 5% stretch.

delluminatus

Reaction score
Oh man, got some new pants! Not stretch, but if they are really durable it should be worth it. In my mind these are basically the Futureworks but heavier and stronger and in different colors. Kopped immediately...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

wizzeak

Reaction score
The small leg opening is what makes this a no for me. If I'm wearing them for rugged activities I can only assume they would look awkward as hell with such bulky boots.

delluminatus

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I have size 11 feet and small leg openings (like the Climbers) makes my boots look comically large. But I usually only wear boots when it's <10 degrees or snowing, so it's whatever. Even when hiking/camping I prefer to wear minimalist shoes.

I do wish it was more in line with the Futureworks leg opening, though.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I take a 34 amd wear a 12 shoe and a 7"/14" leg opening is perfect. Even with boots an extra half inch is all I need/want.

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score
Hm. Gonna take a risk and size up for a bigger pant leg, and take in the waist. Hopefully the Supplex cloth is as breathable as the Dungaree fabric.

Though Outlier says it has a *larger* leg opening than the SDs, which is the opposite of what the measurements suggest.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Anyone willing to proxy the outlier as is sale today and this weekend? Please pm me.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would be interested in this as well.
Any kind of hoody/sweatshirt, shank jacket or bomber and slim dungarees or 60/30's.
If anybody is going please PM me.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even if nobody wants to proxy if somebody swings through tomorrow please let us know what is there. If it's worth it I might drive down on Saturday.

jabster410

Reaction score
I'd be interested in a proxy too. Send a PM if anyone is willing. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads