• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on these D&G shoes

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here that prefers the Italian aesthetic think these shoes are worth $675? What I mean by *worth* it involves not just saying well you can get Ferragamo Tramezzas (which are highly regarded for look, fit, and construction) for less on e-bay - keep in mind the styling and very limited availability of the D&G shoes.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I like some Italian shoes, I'm personally not a fan of that particular pair. I wouldn't buy them even for $275. That said, if the styling is what you're after, I don't see that you have much of a choice.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They are ugly. Sorry, but I had to be honest.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
2 or 3 years ago you could still find some very wearable and elegant suits and shoes at DG with good quality if not construction. Their collection used to be half Euro trash and half classic Italian with an edge (I wonder which is D and which is G). They've since taken in too much of the junkie rock star Dior Homme influence and started to do really weird things. Those shoes are a big no no IMO. If fashion is what you are after, those look outdated already.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only is D&G the inferior diffusion line, but I bet you those are some flimsy corrected grain shoe you will regret purchasing.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$675, huh ? Somebody oughta tell'em to put down the crack pipe
sarcasm.gif

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These remind me of the sort of "fashion-forward" shoes that most frequently seem to end up in DSW for 60% off of $69.99.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Does anyone here that prefers the Italian aesthetic think these shoes are worth $675? What I mean by *worth* it involves not just saying well you can get Ferragamo Tramezzas (which are highly regarded for look, fit, and construction) for less on e-bay - keep in mind the styling and very limited availability of the D&G shoes.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything D&G that I would wear. To me it's the consummate image brand that has convinced people that crap looks good. I think people will wake up ten years from now, look backward at D&G and realize that that emperor was walking naked down the street.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great, it's settled, I'm getting them! j/k.

After some thought (not that much), I agree with you all. I saw the shoes on the site, it was late, and I was tired as hell when I decided to ask for opinions. Although some of you may disagree, I would get them if they were less than $100.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't get these for <$100, it's $675 on Saks.com. I was just saying, that I like them a little for some reason. When I say *a little*, I mean less than a $100 little, no way near the retail price. If I were able to purchase them for that much, I would actually keep them. I don't think they are horrendous looking, perhaps funky. Apparently more in a bad way for all those that responded. I think the shape of the shoe is sleek, and the finish has a wood type finish, which is something I like for this sort of non-business type shoe. The tongue leaves a lot to be desired, but they are covered by the top of your pants anyways. Unless I decide to wear them sockless with my above the knee shorts....hmm...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads