• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One store to rule them all...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had unlimited money...

Hankyu Men's in Tokyo - it's a men's style department store with everything from reliable mainsteam stuff and MTM suits and shirts through just-off-the-runway fashion to cutting edge Tokyo street style.

Otherwise, NMWA.

Bayou Tiger

Reaction score
A question I've been pondering: you can only get all your clothes from one single store, which would it be?

You have to consider how you wear your clothes. I wear suits almost every weekday, but I definitely have some freedom to experiment a bit. I know streetwear isn't my style so on the weekends I'll still be wearing polos, loafers, and the like.

So how bout it? You only have one store (not necessarily one brand) you can buy everything from forever. Which is it?
Bonobos... unfortunately bidding farewell to many favorites in the process

Bonobos is 90% of my work staples, with stretch oxford shirts and jeans on a typical day. Sizing is dialed in, so I don't even need to tailor those. Shorts and other items also fit perfectly due to the sizing variety.

I would dearly miss Crockett & Jones and Suitsupply. Knitwear - I would just have to make my current stuff last.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordings London.
If one likes British Country Clothing without having the net worth
of a member of the landed aristocracy, Cordings is for you. I have
several of their "country shirts", a fraction of the cost of my others,
yet decently made. Very full cut. Their tailored clothing , however is too
"upper class twit of the year" for my Ivy natural shoulder sensibilities.

Last edited:

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to cheat a bit and give online and brick-and-mortar choices.

Online: NMWA
Brick-and-mortar: Sid Mashburn
If you had to choose between the two, which one would you go with? Keep in mind, if you went with an online store you'd never be able to visit a B&M again. No trying on shoes, no getting offered whiskey by over-eager sales associates, none of it.

symphvaria

Reaction score
If you had to choose between the two, which one would you go with? Keep in mind, if you went with an online store you'd never be able to visit a B&M again. No trying on shoes, no getting offered whiskey by over-eager sales associates, none of it.
I can’t be the only one who despises online shopping. I absolutely must try on everything I plan on buying, or at the very minimum see it in the cloth. Very hard to tell how a RTW cut might fit on one’s body, or how a color might sit against one’s skin or against other clothes without doing so.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t be the only one who despises online shopping. I absolutely must try on everything I plan on buying, or at the very minimum see it in the cloth. Very hard to tell how a RTW cut might fit on one’s body, or how a color might sit against one’s skin or against other clothes without doing so.

i don't shop online anymore it's really slowed me down

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Store or brand?

Brand - Visvim
Store - Mr Porter
Indie store - The Bureau Belfast, Kafka, Canoe Club, Pancho & Lefty or similar.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I can’t be the only one who despises online shopping. I absolutely must try on everything I plan on buying, or at the very minimum see it in the cloth. Very hard to tell how a RTW cut might fit on one’s body, or how a color might sit against one’s skin or against other clothes without doing so."

When one lives in the style desert of the San Francisco Bay Area
there is little alternative. My most recent major in-store purchase
was a sport coat MTM from the Andover Shop , Cambridge MA. It
came out well. If it hadn't I'd have to contemplate another trip
or find a skilled tailor, no easy task around here.

Last edited:

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
"I can’t be the only one who despises online shopping. I absolutely must try on everything I plan on buying, or at the very minimum see it in the cloth. Very hard to tell how a RTW cut might fit on one’s body, or how a color might sit against one’s skin or against other clothes without doing so."

When one lives in the style desert of the San Francisco Bay Area
there is little alternative. My most recent major in-store purchase
was a sport coat MTM from the Andiver Shop , Cambridge MA. It
came out well. If it hadn't I'd have to contemplate another trip
or find a skilled tailor, no easy task

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The SF style desert? 😂🤣 You're joking right? If not, I hope you never find yourself outside of the Bay.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Most people in the bay area don't wear tailoring, thus there is not a ton of tailoring here. One might think there's nothing worth buying compared to, say, Naples.

However, let's just say that the SF bay area isn't exactly a desert if you compare it to, I dunno, Flagstaff or Rapid City or something.

In other words, we do have stuff. There's just not nearly as much to interest comrade specifically as he would like ;) and I suspect he thinks that per-capita it's a very poor showing.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
San Francisco: High end, Saks Nieman's, Wilkes all seem to have
the same buyer who specializes in "Italian for the US Market"The
last articles of clothing I bought from any of them was more than a decade ago when Wilkes carried a specific model from Belvest which
was rather conservative fuller cut w/ traditional fabrics. Haven't
seen anything recently at any of stores that I would bother to try
on. Not that I go to Union Square much since Covid.
In the 70s and 80s I lived in Chicago and wore tailored clothing
every day more or less. Chicago was bettter than San Francisco, where
I regularly traveled. Nevertheless, most of my clothes came from NYC,
usually Chipp RTW and MTM, and PaulStuart. As I mentioned, I recently got a sport coat from the Andover Shop. If there were a shop anything
like that locally I would use it. The Hound which closed a few years ago
came closest.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SF style desert? 😂🤣 You're joking right? If not, I hope you never find yourself outside of the Bay.
I do find my self outside the BAY, eg London, Naples, NYC,etc.
and that is where I pick up things I like as I would locally if
the offerings were to my taste.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads