• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One store to rule them all...

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my limited experience w/Spier & Mackay, one Harrington
jacket in 44 (US) purchased and returned.That is my normal size,
although I can wear some 46s. The jacket was very tight in the shoulders
and barely closed. I might order a 46 because I liked the quality for the
price. Not sure that it would fit. because the 44 was so far off.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought about this question for a bit, think I’d go with No Man Walks Alone. Tailoring, causal wear, business casual, pretty much anything you could want for a seven day a week wardrobe….
I thought about that as well but I think I'm too traditional. Love NMWA's stuff but am more like 30/70 across the board there whereas most folks here are the reverse.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilkes Bashford, no?
WB is really Mitchell's that owns a series of stores that seem to stock the same stuff. I visited WB in San Fran once and the sales people were dropping names constantly. "Kamala came in last weekend!" "Nancy (Pelosi) comes through all the time!"

I was there for work and dressed well and they were working me hard. I sale shop there all the time and get get decent dress shirts right when their sales start. Nicer dress shirts have gone through the roof lately. Zegna's are around $500 now. Oy!

Cliffnopus

Reaction score
I have just re-done my complete wardrobe using Moshers Men's store in Newton, Ma. Besoke-ish (or made-to-measure) from Oxxford and Coppley. So, for me - I have my one ring.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WB is really Mitchell's that owns a series of stores that seem to stock the same stuff. I visited WB in San Fran once and the sales people were dropping names constantly. "Kamala came in last weekend!" "Nancy (Pelosi) comes through all the time!"

I was there for work and dressed well and they were working me hard. I sale shop there all the time and get get decent dress shirts right when their sales start. Nicer dress shirts have gone through the roof lately. Zegna's are around $500 now. Oy!

i remember when wb was independent it wasn't all that long ago , iirc they sold to mitchell's during 2008 recession and then bashford died a few years later

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember when wb was independent it wasn't all that long ago , iirc they sold to mitchell's during 2008 recession and then bashford died a few years later
It really wasn't that different during the later years of Bashford's
ownership, except that I thought that they then carried more understated
"adult clothing" Some say it was better "curated" or maybe the styles
changed and the Mitchell brothers are just following the trend(s).Despite
its' "house style" not really being to my taste, a favorite blazer and suit
of mine were purchased there on sale from the pre Mitchell stock.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the tailored clothing salesman Horace still there? He ran the
short-lived Borrelli boutique off Union Square before he moved on
to Wilkes. If I remember the Borrelli Shop was the site of the first
SF Meet-up I attended in '09.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the tailored clothing salesman Horace still there? He ran the
short-lived Borrelli boutique off Union Square before he moved on
to Wilkes. If I remember the Borrelli Shop was the site of the first
SF Meet-up I attended in '09.

the only salesman i remember from sf is the dude who worked at barneys and also at britex , he was bald and thin and wore maxi skirts ( i think of his own make ) .

i'm not sure i was ever in the sf wb , i'm pretty sure i visited the palo alto location , my memory is suspect on this

but i don't live in bay area anymore so

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drakes or Ralph Lauren

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads