on Grenson Feathermasters

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acidboy, Jun 13, 2006.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

gentlemen, any opinions and thoughts on grenson's feathermaster series? though i find the name "feathermaster" more like a name florsheim or dexters would use, the price is not bad(about GBP80 w/o VAT). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Opinions? The new lasts lack proper balance and are ugly. I can't speak to their quality.

3. Roger

Roger Senior member

Agree with dah328 about the lasts--really not appealing. The Feathermaster line is the lowest range of Grenson shoes. Grenson used to make three lines--Masterpiece (top and very nice, but, alas, now discontinued as a Grenson-branded shoe), Footmaster (middle and decent), and Feathermaster (bottom). I would place the Feathermasters at about the level of Loake 1880-line shoes, maybe just below the latter. This is one price range in which you might encounter corrected-grain leather--although the tan shoes in the picture don't appear (to me at least) to be corrected-grain. Expect the construction to be on the poor side and lifespan to be relatively short.

4. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

Expect the construction to be on the poor side and lifespan to be relatively short.

Which might be bliss, given how horrid they are.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thank you for your inputs. i really appreciate it, and i probably saved myself some dinner and movie money. [​IMG]