• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OMG the rumors were true!!!

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
premium to me means very little. i like to use artisan to describe japanese repros to people who dont know, just to differentiate from what people think of as premium, you know, 7, diesel, etc... nudies seem like some sergio valentes to me... i like the rugged look of repros or thier vintage forebearers

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
see... thats why id never get designer denim... i dont want to be afraid to live in my jeans. with my canes, i feel like i could wear them riding bulls and be fine, but if i had a pair of nudies or some other fashion brand id try to keep them nice.

What I find weird is Nudie now being casted into the fashion brand category. When everything you ever read about them is teh opposite. They are suppose to be anti-fashion and WORN HARD!!! As you would your canes or lees or wranglers. Not petted and pampered. I would more class Rock n Republic as a fashion brand - along with TR's and 7FAM's.

The jeans in my rotation are there to be worn and though they cost as much and in some cases more than those popular fashion brands - I don't feel compelled to keep them 'nice'.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, i know... i guess its just the cuts, especially the ralph. when i see poeple wearing them i dont think "oh, those are some tough looking jeans"

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
yeah, i know... i guess its just the cuts, especially the ralph. when i see poeple wearing them i dont think "oh, those are some tough looking jeans"

Granted, but to get the desired effect 'most' dry Nudie wearers want - you gotta live in the jeans. Don' be afraid to sit on a concrete wall, skate, ride in em. I don't do anything out of the ordinary in mine (i'm a lazy ass) but I think jeans meant to be worn like this have gotta be built Ford tuff. Or they'd fall apart b4 that 6 month wash mark. Right?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well... ive seen a number of non selvage nudies rip in the crotch from skating before the first wash. and with the selvage versions as expensive as a pair of repros, or more expensive, i dont think its would work for me.

JoMak_NYC

Reaction score
I hear ya - Repros are on my wish list TRUST ME. It took me a while to warm up to them. I am really feeling the more rugged look of them. And they have more texture than say Nudies.

Not sure what I'd go for but I'll do teh research closer to when I am ready. Thank God for BIG. Those guys are great!!

Reaction score
Breaking in RRDS with success gave me confidence and made me feel like a BIG MAN. Working on SC Hawaii's (natch indigo) has emasculated me. I wanna see how I do with a Japanese synth indigo repro.
confused.gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
see... thats why id never get designer denim... i dont want to be afraid to live in my jeans. with my canes, i feel like i could wear them riding bulls and be fine, but if i had a pair of nudies or some other fashion brand id try to keep them nice.
ACtually, I wear my Nudies to do the dirtiest work - fixing motorcycles, digging, rigging lighting, even surfing once. And I still haven't washed 'em! Although - *sniffle* - they're baggy bjorns, so they don't wear like RR's or god help me slim jims. I have one rule with denim - they will NEVER crunch my balls or be tapered. True straight leg is the maximum slimness I'll tolerate, and even then, I prefer a little flare. I don't care if every man, woman, and child is wearing crotchugger(sic?) denim, I will stick to my bootcut and baggy jeans.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just donated about 5 pairs of Ralph Lauren jeans to Goodwill. After collecting APC, Sugarcane, PDC, Samurai, Rogan, and Kohzo, I never wore the old ones any more.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cane Repros, probably not what I would call designer, nor though, SSDS. Some of the other jeans in both lines definatley are.

haptronic

Reaction score
i give away my jeans i don't wear....and i still have too many imperial duke raw and black washed, tsubi joeys black, helmut lang black, apc cure, skull 5010xx, the flat head 3001, calve thai repros...i am hard on all my jeans even the fashion jeans like the tsubis... two days ago i learnt the meaning of handing on the good stuff...a friend who collects [he has alot of jeans] found out i was after a lEvis type 3 jacket...and he gave me a late 60's blanket lined with a crazy almost acid wash look [from being left in the sun...he had been given it by another collector in the early 90's...i am to keep it as long as i wear it and then give it to someone who will appreciate it...the cycle continues...

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haptronic
i give away my jeans i don't wear....and i still have too many

imperial duke raw and black washed, tsubi joeys black, helmut lang black, apc cure, skull 5010xx, the flat head 3001, calve thai repros...i am hard on all my jeans even the fashion jeans like the tsubis...

two days ago i learnt the meaning of handing on the good stuff...a friend who collects [he has alot of jeans] found out i was after a lEvis type 3 jacket...and he gave me a late 60's blanket lined with a crazy almost acid wash look [from being left in the sun...he had been given it by another collector in the early 90's...i am to keep it as long as i wear it and then give it to someone who will appreciate it...thecycle continues...

thats the way to do it hap.... and if you have anything you dont want anymore send it my way...
sly.gif

Dick Danger

Reaction score
6 months no wash, enh, for me 2 months no wash was enough.

They need to be ford tuff, need to ride bulls, and sit on concrete, but can't wear 'em in the rain.
plain.gif

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dick Danger
They need to be ford tuff, need to ride bulls, and sit on concrete, but can't wear 'em in the rain.
plain.gif

see... i dont understand that. id wear mine in the rain. ****, mine are usually dripping when i take them off, but with sweat not water. oh... and mine have gone 3 days no wash and i can barely stand the smell right now.... its bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads