OMG the rumors were true!!!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JoMak_NYC, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

I wear dry denim in the rain all the time. Unless you're gonna be out there for hours or something, I don't think it matters much. It's not even the equivalent of a soak, really. In fact, they stiffen up again after they dry out--helps keep the creases defined.

2. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Senior member

I didn't get it either.

3. Dick Danger

Dick Danger Senior member

But yesterday it was rainy and nasty and I wanted to give my preme's a break. So I dragged on an old pair of x-ray jeans that I got as a gift.

That might have helped.

4. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

So nudies is a fashion brand now?
    A month ago Every thread had something about nudie, now they're
    un-SF worthy?

5. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

I do a lot of walking to and from subways/trains/buses - getting caught in the rain is one thing (i am not gonna strip down to my boxers and stuff my jeans in a plastice bag). But when I know the forecast calls for rain all day I rather not wear em cuz I always end up with 'muddy' hems.

6. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

un-SF worthy?

no... they are not CMF worthy... i dont speak for the other members of this board.[​IMG]

7. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

don't worry, blackplatano, i is wearing me nudies now, and i've no fashion-sense. and i wear all my jeans in the rain. though not all at once. (imagine caps) [​IMG] <--------my new fave

8. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

I'm wearing Nu--dies in the rain, Nu--dies in the rain. I -- won't complain, when they're, so--ggy and stained. I'm cra--zy and insane, just lo--ok at what I gained, from wearing Nudies, Nudies in the ra---in!!!

*takes a bow*

9. Largo

Largo Senior member

I've worn my 'Canes out in the rain without a problem-though like Saucemaster said, they get a bit stiff afterwards. Damn things have still barely faded though.

That being said, if one were to raid my closet for jeans, I'd probably get kicked off the forum-&quot;Sir, we're cutting you some slack for these 5eps, but keep in mind you're in violation of the Diesel Regulations of Style Forum-consider yourself on notice&quot;

10. viking_mike

viking_mike Senior member

un-SF worthy?

i think nudie sorta got fucked up when revolve clothing started carrying them.

11. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

the whole premise to this thread seems to be a mess.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my apcs just as much as the next guy, and I prefer to stick to raw from now on, but gimme a break.

if the jeans looked nice before, why wouldn't they look nice now. fit is a key factor with jeans as is quality, and a lot of non "premium" brands have both in some or all cases.

it seems the orignator of the thread is getting a little too caught up in the whole mess of what seems to be designer jeans more than anything.

maybe the word premium just completely irks me.

12. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Premium or not I wear jeans that fit me the best.

Quality and Fit= Jean Paul Damage. Made in USA, Italian yarn, great low rise jeans with just the right width=not too wide not too slim=perfect.

Fit and no quality, but irresistably cheap= GAP. Fit me best because of their narrow hips and low rise. Their boot fit and straight fit pants are very good too.

13. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

Note the 1st thing I said is that teh jeans just dont feel right anymore. It's not so much them being premium or not, as it is that my taste has changed.

Eg. i have like 4 pair of FCUK jeans that I loved and wore a lot. Then I stumbled into dry denim and one wash and japs etc. I also liek my jeans with straighter legs and minimal distressing now. So when I pick up a pair of FCUK jeans whether you wanna call them premium or trash - I am not feeling them as much. Maybe it's the flared legs, the extremely light wash, the factpry made holes in the knees and back pocket, pick one!! I am not too keen on that look anymore. So it's not FCUK that I am disowning - it's the style fit and feel. If FCUK made some great raw straigt leg jeans - I'd give them a look. Feel me?

It's all about my style now. And it's evolved. If I showed you guys shit I used to wear back in the day you'd be like, DAMN!!!!

I am proud of the my newly acquired taste and hope to refine it fairly soon.

14. modual

modual Senior member

Whats with this Nudie backlash anyway ? Imo the selvedge ralf is a modern classic and i'm sure there others on this board who feel the same

15. viking_mike

viking_mike Senior member

when people at honest forum and those other forums know about nudie, then there is a problem