• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
I actually have no idea what that installation was about but those robots were all over the place.
That would be awesome if they were auctioned off for charity. A group in Seattle does that, but the statues are always things like pigs, or nutcrackers. Edit: It looks like the robots were an exhibit put together by Oliviero Baldini, as a tribute to old Japanese anime.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: Asleep by The Album Leaf from the record One Day I'll Be On Time J Crew x APC Cure x Con

Deipnosophist

Reaction score
Replay dark blue jeans
Diesel brown leather belt
Giorgio Armani slim fit black ribbed top
Paul smith signature stripe scarf
Topman overcoat
Tag Heuer vintage watch
Paul Smith gloves

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
You look like a 70's cartoon character mate!. If a gust of wind catches the lapels of your coat and the hems of your jeans you'll get carried away like Mary Poppins. This is just not very good at all, your only excused if you live in a town of 20 people 150 miles from the nearest road.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
You look like a 70's cartoon character mate!. If a gust of wind catches the lapels of your coat and the hems of your jeans you'll get carried away like Mary Poppins.

I actually like the coat's lapels, but yeah, the jeans... not so much.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I actually like the coat's lapels, but yeah, the jeans... not so much.
The jeans are "The Bull In The China Shop", they just trash the entire silhouette. I think his pose with the blurred out face makes me think of the cut-outs at the theme park you stick your head through to look like your favorite 70's cartoon detective.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
The jeans are "The Bull In The China Shop", they just trash the entire silhouette.
I think his pose with the blurred out face makes me think of the cut-outs at the theme park you stick your head through to look like your favorite 70's cartoon detective.

While I agree that the silhouette is pretty wonky, I disagree that it is particularly 70's, or that the 70's silhouette is inherently bad. Actually, I really like the drama of the characteristic silhouette of the 70's of a superfitted top and jacket, with thigh clenching pants of jeans that widened to a true flare. Mick Jagger looked awesome onstage in his gear around this time, especially when the sleeves of his shirts were belled and the collars were enormous to match. And the silhouette was definitely the business is innumerable Blaxploitation movies. As for 70s Anime, that was awesome!

The problem here is that the jeans are sort of shapeless all the way down, and that the jacket is a size too big. Also, what is the deal with taking pics with no shoes? All outfits (especially those featuring outerwear) look wierd without footwear.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In response to a recent thread: " What's the dressiest denim you own."
91530948.jpg
Sports Mohair Jacket: Valentino 'Tailoring" Shirt: Isaia Linen Pocket Square Denim: Dior Homme Black Raw 19cm Boots: Crockett and Jones "Coniston" Watch: Bvlgari Assioma Chrono 48mm Scent: Montale's Blue Amber

falsestart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
New jacket and new boots, both grabbed at serious discounts. Not sure I like them together necessarily, but I really wanted to wear them both.

Walking two miles to work in new boots was a horrible idea, I can barely walk at all right now. Hooray for bloody socks.

-Triple5 Soul jacket (seriously... I was surprised, too, usually I don't much like their stuff)
-brown Old Navy henley
-APC NS
-J-brand boots

hey sauce where did you cop the boots? I like em

Brandish

Reaction score
Finally got my pic issues figured out.

Lands End Oxford
APC
Old Brown leather Belt
Sebagos Boat Shoes
Cheap Orvis Quartz Watch with Grosgrain Strap

71o7hi9.jpg

80zeqo5.jpg

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brandish,

The fit on the shirt is off, it's billowing out at the back and the sleeves look too wide and a bit on the short side. The pattern kind of reminds me of a tablecloth.

Also, it's hard to get a good idea of the fit with just a profile shot like that.

Deipnosophist, although you've already taken a beating for that fit, I just want to add that the Paul Smith striped scarf is basically the same as the Burberry novacheck - blatantly branded and obnoxious. I know there are some big Paul Smith fans here, but I just think the stripes are garish.

While I'm on this jag, Chrono, although the Cloak sweater is a nice piece, I don't think it works that well on you, with your baby face and curls, and having seen the usual kind of outfits you post in this thread. You need to up the goth ninja factor.

Brandish

Reaction score
Yeah Lands End doesn't have the greatest fitting shirts, plus my fiance put it in the dryer so it shrunk up in a weird way. Its kind of around the house beater shirt if that makes sense. Im working from home and chose comfort over fit today
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads