• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
1-11-08.jpg

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
111picxk3.jpg

black Baracuta G9 (thanks d_d)
Nudie buttondown s/s shirt
Pringle jeans
Alden chukka

are those burgundy ?

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
love the fit sauce, nice pickups

thursday-2.jpg

banana republic
aa
sugarcane belt
peluso

Sharp.

I wish *I* could pull off the sweater vest thing; I look really dorky when I wear one.
frown.gif

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
New jacket and new boots, both grabbed at serious discounts. Not sure I like them together necessarily, but I really wanted to wear them both.

Walking two miles to work in new boots was a horrible idea, I can barely walk at all right now. Hooray for bloody socks.

wayw011008.jpg

wayw011008back2.jpg

-Triple5 Soul jacket (seriously... I was surprised, too, usually I don't much like their stuff)
-brown Old Navy henley
-APC NS
-J-brand boots

Often times, with the shades and the shaved head, you remind of a svelte, dressed down (in a good way) version of Frank Martin; as if, at any moment, you'll produce a pair of twin 1911s, and start kicking human-trafficker ass.

Yes, I have an active imagination.
biggrin.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni Shawl Collar Tuxedo Jacket Brioni Pants Brioni Tuxedo Shirt Brioni Silk Tie Pantherella socks SS Cuff Link Patent Leather Shoes Scent: Montale's Black Aoud Going out to a formal dinner.
91102568.jpg

randomtw

Reaction score
New jacket and new boots, both grabbed at serious discounts. Not sure I like them together necessarily, but I really wanted to wear them both.

Walking two miles to work in new boots was a horrible idea, I can barely walk at all right now. Hooray for bloody socks.

wayw011008.jpg

wayw011008back2.jpg

-Triple5 Soul jacket (seriously... I was surprised, too, usually I don't much like their stuff)
-brown Old Navy henley
-APC NS
-J-brand boots

does that jacket come in a black and how much was it? I'm seriously considering adding jackets into my wardrobe now based on some of the pics here

randomtw

Reaction score
******* AMAZING weather in Philly today. I left the house wearing this and felt a little warm:

wayw010708jkt.jpg

Then it hit 60 degrees (!!!!!) and I took off the jacket:

wayw010708sweater.jpg

Tomorrow it might hit 65. And a week ago it was 19 degrees when I left for work in the morning, with 20 mph winds. WTF?

what jacket is that? I'm going to be randomly quoting quite a lot of pictures now to narrow down my jacket selection
smile.gif

randomtw

Reaction score
Cardigan details (for those who haven't seen me post it before) if you click.

W+H white/ash gray striped cardigan
Some blue-gray undershirt
APC NS
Allen Edmonds

Berlin, love the color, texture, and fit of that coat, but yeah... those are some serious lapels! I'd personally like it better with slimmer lapels, but I can still get into it.

is that really a cardigan? seems more like a track jacket to me

that definitely makes me wonder if I should start wearing those again

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2186999283_90340d98b2.jpg
Still in Shanghai--in a room chock full of the worst and tackiest of "Modern Hip Design." Dries van Noten shirt Comme des Garcons sweater Miu Miu coat Dior Homme 19cm black denim J.M.Weston Vintage tortoise-shell eyeframes--I like the feeling of wearing a dead endangered species on my face.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Often times, with the shades and the shaved head, you remind of a svelte, dressed down (in a good way) version of Frank Martin; as if, at any moment, you'll produce a pair of twin 1911s, and start kicking human-trafficker ass.

Yes, I have an active imagination.
biggrin.gif

Haha, thanks, but I'm afraid I'm nowhere near as badass.

Originally Posted by randomtw
does that jacket come in a black and how much was it? I'm seriously considering adding jackets into my wardrobe now based on some of the pics here

what jacket is that? I'm going to be randomly quoting quite a lot of pictures now to narrow down my jacket selection
smile.gif

is that really a cardigan? seems more like a track jacket to me

that definitely makes me wonder if I should start wearing those again

Randomtmw, I'm happy to answer any questions, but please PM them to me or avoid quoting the pics--that way we can avoid cluttering up the WAYW thread with recycled pictures. In this case: I didn't see it in black, just the gray Prince of Wales check; that second jacket started its life as a military surplus jacket that fit me in the shoulders and chest, and has since been tailored just about everywhere else; and the last one is a fleece cardigan, yes, just with a stand-up collar.

Originally Posted by falsestart
hey sauce where did you cop the boots? I like em

Daffy's, of all places. I usually don't go there, because there's usually not anything good, but I managed to find about five things I wanted this last time (and had to narrow it down to two).

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
are those burgundy ?

the chukkas? Yes, they are cordo #8 which is a dark burgundy/oxblood

Originally Posted by LabelKing
Dries van Noten shirt
Comme des Garcons sweater
Miu Miu coat
Dior Homme 19cm black denim
J.M.Weston
Vintage tortoise-shell eyeframes--I like the feeling of wearing a dead endangered species on my face.

great pic LK....JM Westons were my fave shoes I saw in Paris. Really beautiful and do a good job of being classic and modern, without any stodginess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads