(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, they're washed. I just got them today. They were ~$45 from BIG. I'm really happy with them, actually, I wasn't sure what they would fit like b/c they aren't sized by waist size, rather S, M, L, etc... (they are XL) but I thought the wash would have cool contrast and it does.

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

drizzt is in that rare pantheon of posters who are exempt from any rules on style - he can wear whatever he wants. I would say SoCal fits into that pantheon as well, and maybe me too.

Of course he can wear what ever he wants, but that doesnt mean it looks good. I can appreciate the "dont give a fuck" approach to to flattering fits though, since thats my main concern with this forum.

3. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

[​IMG] shirt and pants - yohji yamamoto sneakers - lanvin

4. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

The Vneck is great too. I want one.

I second - where can we find that Vneck?

This was in the SExFH05 thread but it's worth noting again, if only to hopefully get an answer when they'll move out of the sample stage and into sales - at least a limited run so some of us could order one, mayhaps?
    It's a Wild Child shirt.
    Wild Child = a clothing line by Samuel de Goede (Cotton Duck) and me...
    Produced in San Francisco and Japan.

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

the return of mr flattering pics and fit [​IMG] [​IMG] montgomery ward H&M Orvis Carhartt Timberland

6. padronlover

padronlover Senior member

[​IMG]

shirt and pants - yohji yamamoto
    sneakers - lanvin

i understand that the intent of going for the casual luxury look but am i the only one who thinks this looks sloppy? the same with other yohji yamamoto stuff, just looks sloppy.

7. padronlover

padronlover Senior member

I like the color set of the outfit as a whole, and those jeans are one of the more flattering cuts I've seen on you.

now THAT is saying something...i cringe every time i scroll down to see how underarmour/nike drifit his jeans are fitting this time[​IMG]

8. Rkteez

Rkteez Well-Known Member

Looks sloppy I think because everything looks a size or 2 too big.

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

i understand that the intent of going for the casual luxury look but am i the only one who thinks this looks sloppy? the same with other yohji yamamoto stuff, just looks sloppy.
    Surely you are not the only one. The world is full of clueless people (see above post).

10. Fade to Black

yeah the yohji look is an acquired taste...probably one of the designers whose aesthetic is least accessible to those who are used to traditional standards of style and tailoring. Precisely why i like it; i feel free in these clothes.

Also i'm not a fan of the following excuse as i often find it to be a cop out, but in this case pictures don't really do Yohji's clothing much justice. The t-shirt i was wearing yesterday looks like a regular turquoise henley, maybe one can even say a shabby construction worker's piece, but looking at it in person and seeing the hue achieved through piece dying the shirt, and the detailed inside out stitching of the seams makes a big difference than the pic i posted.

11. ataru

ataru Senior member

superbobo, looking good. I wouldn't say that your style is unflattering- it works for you. I'd like to mix in more thrifted stuff along the same lines myself if I can find a good thrift shop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Didn't wear this today, just tried it on when it arrived. Can't wear a coat in Hawaii. While I think the coat looks cool and it fits well , I'm not sure if this kinda all black military-ish stuff works with my face. couldn't resist 80% off

yoko d military coat
    yoko d short sleeve sweatshirt
    rb15s
    brandos

(yeah the side pic is backlit, dirty mirrors blah blah)

12. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

[​IMG]

shirt and pants - yohji yamamoto
    sneakers - lanvin

I like it and would say it is comfortable and relaxed and not sloppy. While it works for what he is going for, Superbobo would be "sloppy". And on the other end is Drizztz who is uncomfortable as a packed sausage.

13. Fade to Black

yeah i'm lookin at that pic again and it doesn't even look that baggy compared to some other YY stuff i saw this season...all the pants are supposed to be worn saggy, if you look at how the SAs wore them most of the MC forum would probably faint, practically their whole boxers were showing. Some other pants pretty much served as waders they were that damn loose even in the smallest size.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Socal

No offense taken, but im curious of how I look sloppy?

15. andimq

andimq Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.