• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Mr Scruff!

Don't get roofied.

Trout are freshwater fish, and have underwater weapons.

(Stay away from the trout.)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
118picsl0.jpg

agnes b jacket
fred perry buttondown
thick as thieves sweater (sample in navy)
paul smith overdyed red ear jeans
vass navy budapester brogues

mram65

Reaction score
That sweater is beautiful, GS. My birthday is next month....now I know what I'm asking for!

Mark

CDC

Reaction score
2 slight variations on my surgery-restricted, cold-weather uniform.

DSCN0233.jpg
DSCN0231.jpg
DSCN0216.jpg

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
^^^^^ nice pic's CDC, jeans look great. The scenic photo makes me depressed about living in SoCal, I love a bit of snow and pine.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
^^^^^ nice pic's CDC, jeans look great. The scenic photo makes me depressed about living in SoCal, I love a bit of snow and pine.

Go up to Big Bear for a day or something. They should have snow right now, shouldn't they?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Go up to Big Bear for a day or something. They should have snow right now, shouldn't they?

Rye (or anyone else), for getting away from LA to see some trees and snow I'd recommend Green Valley Lake. It's very close to Big Bear and Arrowhead (actually about 20-30 minutes closer if you're driving from LA), but much less developed. I've always liked Big Bear, but these days it has tons of traffic lights, an AM/PM, etc.

GVL is a tiny little community around a small lake. The commercial section of "town" consists of one general store, one pizza place, and a real estate office, all near the boat rental shack. It's very quiet, and you can walk up into the state park. To me, it feels much more like "getting away". Very beautiful in the snow.

It's also nice when the weather is warmer. The lake (which is stocked, for those who like to fish) is small. I'm bad at these sorts of estimates, but I'd guess it's no more than a mile or mile-and-a-half across at the widest point. No motorized craft are allowed on the lake, so it's clean and quiet. You can rent a row boat or one of those little pedal boats.

Here's a pic (off the internet, not taken by me) of the lake in winter:
green-valley-lake-winter-2-400x350.jpg

Chris.

Reaction score
i just really wanted to wear shorts today. but its hot at work, so its alright.

1-18-08.jpg

rick owens long cardigan
rick owens tee
guliano fujiwara scarf
j brand cut off jean shorts
urbn knee socks
rick owens combat boots

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB

Stop complaining and listen to Sauce. We went snowboarding in 2 feet of fresh powder last week and when we drove up sunday night it was practically a blizzard. Or listen to LD, I might have to check out his rec as big bear has a starbucks too now.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
@ CDC: where did you get snow? Is that at your house or did you go up to the mountains? It hasn't even rained here in days.

edit: to keep this about style I feel like I should make related comments, normally I would criticize the Burberry scarf as garish but it actually looks good here even though you can see the branding in the picture. I like that it isn't novacheck.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
91823241.jpg
Peacoat: Black Label Dolce and Gabbana, I picked up at the Via Condotti. Denim: Acne Mic T-Shirt: Prada Cotton Scarf: Something I picked up when I was in south India. Watch: Bvlgari Shoes: Alden Cordovan Blucher in Ravello Scent: Serge Lutens' Gris Clair Sunglasses: Dior Homme Aviators

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Stop complaining and listen to Sauce. We went snowboarding in 2 feet of fresh powder last week and when we drove up sunday night it was practically a blizzard. Or listen to LD, I might have to check out his rec as big bear has a starbucks too now.

I haven't been up there since last year, but they were building a little one-chair ski run at the edge of the state park that was supposed to open this year, so there are probably some decent places to board.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Peacoat: Black Label Dolce and Gabbana, I picked up at the Via Condotti.
Denim: Acne Mic
T-Shirt: Prada
Cotton Scarf: Something I picked up when I was in south India.
Watch: Bvlgari
Shoes: Alden Cordovan Blucher in Ravello
Scent: Serge Lutens' Gris Clair
Sunglasses: Dior Homme Aviators

I don't comment much in this thread as my opinion is surely noob, but this is
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads