• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainmo

Reaction score
Trying to match a tie for this shirt:

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics. The shirt is light blue (wouldn't call it baby blue...just light blue) with very narrow vertical stripes that are blue, black, and white.

I'm pretty sure a solid blue (regular blue/navy blue) tie would work. Any other suggestions? The only ties I have now that are close color wise have too busy of designs.

dl0st9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
It's ok. Those are Double Identity sneakers. I have the same ones but in white (although mine don't have the straps anymore).

I'm in a good mood so here (the ones you posted are probably from a few seasons ago though but their designs stay about the same):

http://sevennewyork.com/designers/do...ty/f8doid-713b

I forget their other stockists. You could probably google search for them, or find the double identity website, and look at their list of stockists, then email them.

Warning about them. They're nicely styled and the leather on my white ones actually age nicely and look really great beat up and dirty. However, the soles aren't the best in my opinion. They wear pretty easy since they're pretty thin to keep that low profile. Just a heads up, but they're pretty nice shoes if you want something slim and low profile.

Not sure if I can post in this thread without asking a question, but I just want to say thank you very much.

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
What do I have to do in order to be able to post threads?

Do I need a certain number of posts? Or do I have to be a member for a certain amount of time?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Raw denims are living breathing things just like you and me. They are not dead but very much alive

Was this intended to metaphorically insinuate that raw denim is still hip?

Seems like everyone is rocking nudies now, I can't afford much higher end raw denim than it, and I really love the stitching.

But when places like Aritzia even carry nudies now, I feel like a clown when I sport it..

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Nudie SJ's in dry black. They're 98 cotton with 2% stretch, just wondering how they get to whisker and honeycomb, etc... they're so soft and stretchy compared to my APC's... do they just take longer, or are they less defined (creases constantly change)?
Thanks

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Was this intended to metaphorically insinuate that raw denim is still hip?

Seems like everyone is rocking nudies now, I can't afford much higher end raw denim than it, and I really love the stitching.

But when places like Aritzia even carry nudies now, I feel like a clown when I sport it..

If that's the case then you're screwed.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
If that's the case then you're screwed.

haha, well, I guess raw denim is getting big everywhere, so it's really hard to avoid wearing it. I love the fit of nudies (I find many other jeans aren't big enough down the leg and don't accomodate to my big ol' soccer legs). Not much you can do I guess though..

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I've got a pair of Nudie SJ's in dry black. They're 98 cotton with 2% stretch, just wondering how they get to whisker and honeycomb, etc... they're so soft and stretchy compared to my APC's... do they just take longer, or are they less defined (creases constantly change)?
Thanks

Ride your bike in your nudies.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, so if anyone can point me towards a thread, I'd appreciate it.

I have a pair of raw jeans that are an inch or two too long. Rather than hemming them, I would like to have an inch cuff. Are there any particular techniques to use to make a nice, crisp hem, such as sewing on both seams? Thanks in advance.

djs488

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. If you haven't hemmed them than I would assume the factory hem would be satisfactory. If you mean a nice, crisp cuff, just fold them where you want it cuffed and iron them, that should do the trick. Also, when I used to cuff my jeans i would fold the hem line under, so only the inside of the jean was showing, if you know what i mean.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
why would you want to

I'm about to sell a ~$300 item on eBay, and I don't want paypal skimming off 4%.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks,djs488. Yeah, they are a bit too long even with the factory hem. I'll give ironing a try. If I don't like the cuff, I can always get them hemmed a tad shorter. So you basically rolled yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads