(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zissou

zissou Senior member

thanks,djs488. Yeah, they are a bit too long even with the factory hem. I'll give ironing a try. If I don't like the cuff, I can always get them hemmed a tad shorter. So you basically rolled yours?

2. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

are band of outsider shirts worth retail? wouldnt it be better to spend the same amount of money at geneva in nyc?

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

are band of outsider shirts worth retail? wouldnt it be better to spend the same amount of money at geneva in nyc?
    Retail? Ehh...Probably not unless there's a pattern you really can't live without.

4. Bluedog

Bluedog Member

How's the sizing on John Varvatos boots?

5. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I'm about to sell a ~$300 item on eBay, and I don't want paypal skimming off 4%.

so if you are not a premier memeber and just a regular member paypal doesnt take a %??

6. deadstock

deadstock Well-Known Member

I've searched everywhere for information about the Alden Military Last, but I cannot find anything. Does anyone know how it fits?

7. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

Ok I bought a peacoat and its a little longer and looser than I'd like. Would a tailor be able to take it in and shorten it without making it look silly? I was having too difficult a time finding an inexpesive shorter and tighter peacoat.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Ok I bought a peacoat and its a little longer and looser than I'd like. Would a tailor be able to take it in and shorten it without making it look silly? I was having too difficult a time finding an inexpesive shorter and tighter peacoat.

I just moved the buttons over an inch or two (inside one too) and that made it slimmer. Lot cheaper then opening it up and didn't risk messing up the jacket's cut too much.
    As for length, seems like a big job. is it worth the $ to you?

9. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

I just moved the buttons over an inch or two (inside one too) and that made it slimmer. Lot cheaper then opening it up and didn't risk messing up the jacket's cut too much.
    As for length, seems like a big job. is it worth the $ to you?

Length is not extremely necessary, but I would definitely like a more snug fit. Thanks for the button advice!

10. dl0st9

dl0st9 Member

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

What are some other sites to buy some Incotex? Yoox/Shopthefinest don't have my size <.<

12. jmem

jmem Active Member

has anyone had experience with fake nudies? I just bought a pair and something feels weird about them, they are a little itchy and fit way stiffer than they should. Also, they shipped from taiwan instead of san francisco, where they were supposed to ship from.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180296207732
    thanks

13. Joshua Arson

Joshua Arson Senior member

Isn't the model called the Regular Ralf, not Regular Alf? I think that's the first thing that would make me suspicious.

edit: I guess there's another model named the Alf? I dunno, don't know much about Nudies.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

has anyone had experience with fake nudies? I just bought a pair and something feels weird about them, they are a little itchy and fit way stiffer than they should. Also, they shipped from taiwan instead of san francisco, where they were supposed to ship from.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180296207732
    thanks

If the photos are legit and haven't been stolen off another auction, they look pretty legit. Selvage shots could be helpful as fakes most likely wouldn't go so far as to use selvage, let alone copy its characteristics. Photos of the pocket bags, tags, etc. would also be helpful but I've seen fake Nudies and those don't look fake.
    Isn't the model called the Regular Ralf, not Regular Alf? I think that's the first thing that would make me suspicious.

edit: I guess there's another model named the Alf? I dunno, don't know much about Nudies.

I guess you're trying to help... [​IMG]

Nudie changed the Ralf to the Alf this past year.

15. Joshua Arson

Joshua Arson Senior member

I guess you're trying to help... [​IMG]

Nudie changed the Ralf to the Alf this past year.

I'm actually trying to sow discord and confusion, but you had to come along and ruin it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.