(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

2. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I have the opportunity to get some size 28 KMW's, the sizing on context says they are a 29 inch waist. Is this a relatively comfortable 29 inch waist or is it going to feel like my stez are in a vice?

Also I need shirts to go with slimmer pants. It seems like Alt Aprl t-shirts and a couple of my button downs are the only things I own that I can piece together with my 511's and OT slims that look okay. I can't afford BoO and tailored designer steez, am I stupid to think that buying a kids Xl is a somewhat reasonable alternative for someone super broke and apprehensive to make large purchases in these current times?

3. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

thrifted shirts + a tailor = slim shirts for 25 bucks

4. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Senior member

thrifted shirts + tailoring it yourself = slim shirts for 2 bucks.

(Slimming a shirt's simple: even a shithead can do it.)

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

thrifted shirts + tailoring it yourself = slim shirts for 2 bucks.

(Slimming a shirt's simple: even a shithead can do it.)

its just taking removing and then re-adjusting the side-seam right? I shouldn't have to bugger with much else on generic fitting oxfords and westerns right?

6. ryan123

ryan123 Senior member

7. Electricity

Electricity Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren? Brooks Brothers?

Electricity,

I just got a Sterlingwear Authentic in Oxford Grey a few days ago. I have a 36" chest and sized down to a 34R. It could be an inch longer in the sleeves (if only because I have very broad shoulders for my size, and they slope as well), but otherwise the fit is spot on. I like it. Total price, $139+sh.

I initially had some questions and reservations, but a quick call to customer service helped out a lot. Speak to Jack Foster if you can. Also, they had to make mine to order, since they don't normally keep Oxford Grey in stock. It took them a month with mine -- it may take longer, the longer you wait.

so you are saying Sterlingwear is the best option?

8. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm looking into raw denim and wanted to try my hand with the Levi's STF. I tried it on in the store and 32 waist worked all right (I'm planning on stretching the waist back to the original size after the soak), but they didn't have any longer than 34, and 34 inseam is what I need. I'm planning on ordering it online now.

So, should I get a 36 inseam (+2 inches than my normal inseam) or 38 (+4)? I would get 38 but I'm afraid the leg's going to be too baggy then, but after the soak the 36 might be too short. I'm planning on doing a long soak and then wearing them until the stretch out enough in the waist so they aren't absurdly baggy. Help?

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I have the opportunity to get some size 28 KMW's, the sizing on context says they are a 29 inch waist. Is this a relatively comfortable 29 inch waist or is it going to feel like my stez are in a vice?
    Wouldn't it matter which model you're buying? If the rise is high then a 29" waist wouldn't be so bad, low rise would be painful.

Hey, I'm looking into raw denim and wanted to try my hand with the Levi's STF. I tried it on in the store and 32 waist worked all right (I'm planning on stretching the waist back to the original size after the soak), but they didn't have any longer than 34, and 34 inseam is what I need. I'm planning on ordering it online now.

So, should I get a 36 inseam (+2 inches than my normal inseam) or 38 (+4)? I would get 38 but I'm afraid the leg's going to be too baggy then, but after the soak the 36 might be too short. I'm planning on doing a long soak and then wearing them until the stretch out enough in the waist so they aren't absurdly baggy. Help?

38, soak it, and then hem it.

10. zenosparadox

zenosparadox Active Member

I was about to purchase this sweater through revolve:
    [​IMG]
    but decided to check into it a bit more. After looking at other images of the garment, it seems a bit flimsy. I was wondering if anyone knew anything like it in terms of cut (the large neck and body that's neither tight nor bunchy). I need something looser like this that I can just sling over whatever I'm wearing (I do the majority of my work in a drafty loft and most knits are either annoyingly loose or distractingly constraining). Thanks in advance for your help.

11. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Thinking about buying this Energie cardigan online but am wondering if anyone can speak to its fit. Is it a true Large or more like a medium? I'm 6'2" and about 185 with an athletic build. I'd like it to be fitted but not skin tight - like the photo. Thanks. Link to item...http://www.ssense.com/Energie-Men-Ca...gan_/5451&os=1 [​IMG]

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

To the people asking questions about fit, it might help if you actually linked the item or at the very least mentioned the brand. I don't know how you expect people to respond to you otherwise.

14. Turin

Turin Member

Does anyone know whether warrior botos are sized in UK or US on their website?

15. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

so you are saying Sterlingwear is the best option?
    I am not. I have never seen or handled an H&M or a Schott peacoat, so I couldn't tell you. I'm just giving you my opinion on the coat I do have. Search the forum. You'll find some useful information. Also check out the website Fedora Lounge for information specifically about Schott and Sterlingwear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.