• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ohio State v. Texas for Fiesta Bowl

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
And I hate fans who can't stay off the field until the game ends. Oh, what am I saying, I love them! I can't stay mad at Techsters! I especially love it when you shove the goalposts into the A&M fan section!

Unlike most Texas fans, I have a real reason to cheer for Tech. I actually went to the school and graduated. I can't say the same for most Texas fans. I like Texas alums though. They actually earned the right to talk **** since they actually went to the most competitive school in Texas and aren't some Vince Young bandwagon fans. I'll admit that Tech people do act like classless clowns at most football games.

I actually missed the "Goalpost" game. That was my freshman year and I went out drinking until early in the morning and ended up sleeping through the game.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tom288
I'm not even a Texas fan. It was a 3 way tie in name only. Voyes dropped Tech enough to make it clear it was between Texas and Oklahoma, in which case Texas beat Oklahoma and should be higher in the BCS than them. Thats the rule and how it should have worked. 3 way tie becomes, in reality a 2 team tie, look at head to head to rank. SO Texas is 2 and Oklahoma is 3 for losing head to head and Texas goes to the Conference game as the highest rated BCS team
I understand this logic, but it penalizes Oklahoma for beating Texas Tech as badly as they did. If Oklahoma wins the game in a squeaker, we're back to the 3-way tie that Oklahoma wins under the Big 12 tiebreaker rules. I would put Texas over Oklahoma for the simple reason that in the round robin between Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech, the home team won twice and Texas won the game held on the neutral field. All of this, of course, doesn't explain the big picture, i.e., why one loss (Ole Miss, Texas) is better than another (Texas Tech, Iowa, Florida, Oregon State).

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
**** Colt McCoy, strollin' in there like a G.

In spite of OSU's best efforts to go after his head.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas played like garbage almost the entire game. I'm glad they were just good enough to pull it out at the end. Now it's all on OU to win the BCS National Championship game.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My condolences, Conne. You have my permission to drink your sorrow away.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Fiesta Bowl Trophy looks pretty cool. Much better than the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl trophy.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I understand this logic, but it penalizes Oklahoma for beating Texas Tech as badly as they did. If Oklahoma wins the game in a squeaker, we're back to the 3-way tie that Oklahoma wins under the Big 12 tiebreaker rules. I would put Texas over Oklahoma for the simple reason that in the round robin between Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech, the home team won twice and Texas won the game held on the neutral field. All of this, of course, doesn't explain the big picture, i.e., why one loss (Ole Miss, Texas) is better than another (Texas Tech, Iowa, Florida, Oregon State).

Frankly, I think the whole BCS system ought to be done away with.

University of Utah won all its games but was penalized because it was in a "weak conference." It was then pitted against mighty Alabama, powerhouse of the mighty SEC, and then they beat them by a wider margin than BCS #1 Florida. They were rooked.

USC was rated lower because it was in a "weak conference"--one that won every damn one of its bowl games. They were probably rooked.

Third-ranked Texas, was rooked by letting Oklahoma, which Texas had beaten, play in the BCS championship, yet they were only able to beat OSU by the skin of their teeth--a team which USC had blown away and Penn State had beaten as well.

The BCS makes every other bowl game a second-rate consolation prize. Just do away with the whole damn thing and make the "national championship" once again a mythical entity determined by pollsters.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It don't make a ****. Hook 'em horns and **** a bunch of OU bullshit! I'd vote Utah #1 and OU #666.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** OSU for blowing it. Seriously....**** that place....they can't be relied on to do ANYTHING.

**** Texas for playing like **** for 3 quarters and acting like they played the game of the century. I hate that state with a white hot fury...I'm glad they were exposed as frauds. They clearly did NOT belong in the BCS NC game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads