• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deep v-neck knitwear

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear gentlemen,

Baltzar initially had three colors (see below the two sold-out ones), the Kestrel (mid-) brown (as linked above) which was sold out in a number of few days after its launch, and the blue which was also sold out after couple of days following that.

I have already contacted them, congratulating them for the make-up and suggesting few more colors for their next order round.

1705336317176.png

1705336358517.png

Best,

Dimitris

hitsuji

Reaction score
Dear gentlemen,

Baltzar initially had three colors (see below the two sold-out ones), the Kestrel (mid-) brown (as linked above) which was sold out in a number of few days after its launch, and the blue which was also sold out after couple of days following that.

I have already contacted them, congratulating them for the make-up and suggesting few more colors for their next order round.

View attachment 2111669

View attachment 2111671

Best,

Dimitris
That’s brilliant, hopefully they will get some in very soon. Seems quite in demand.. I think the 3rd was the offwhite

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
That’s brilliant, hopefully they will get some in very soon. Seems quite in demand.. I think the 3rd was the offwhite

Indeed! It is the ecru / off-white.

Grey (in its most shades) will work nicely, and natural as well, however I prefer darker colors, therefore my suggestion to them before the two above were sold-out (November '23) was along those lines:

1705642609792.png

Best,

Dimitris

hitsuji

Reaction score
Indeed! It is the ecru / off-white.

Grey (in its most shades) will work nicely, and natural as well, however I prefer darker colors, therefore my suggestion to them before the two above were sold-out (November '23) was along those lines:

View attachment 2113975

Best,

Dimitris
The three Recs you made sound anazing. I agree with the gray and natural being good.

Hopefully they respond soon and with a new restock date

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
The three Recs you made sound anazing. I agree with the gray and natural being good.

Hopefully they respond soon and with a new restock date

Thank you very much!

Well, I cannot say if the specific gentleman whom my email is addressed to will notify me or not, I check in their site for new WL articles anyway!

If you look closely, in my attached email there is a comma (,) in the end of the c) and this is followed by my personal favorite; I reckon that it would be fabulous in the short-length, deep-V make-up: it is a cable-knit sweater, 100% pure camelhair in its natural color; FWIT I received extra questions about that, so it did open an eyebrow...

I sincerely hope that some of them will appear in their forthcoming collections!

1705658202382.png

Best,

Dimitris

hitsuji

Reaction score
Thank you very much!

Well, I cannot say if the specific gentleman whom my email is addressed to will notify me or not, I check in their site for new WL articles anyway!

If you look closely, in my attached email there is a comma (,) in the end of the c) and this is followed by my personal favorite; I reckon that it would be fabulous in the short-length, deep-V make-up: it is a cable-knit sweater, 100% pure camelhair in its natural color; FWIT I received extra questions about that, so it did open an eyebrow...

I sincerely hope that some of them will appear in their forthcoming collections!

View attachment 2114111

Best,

Dimitris
I presume they would reply! I have actually been to their London Store: Richard Gelding which are part of Baltzar and the team have been very helpful in notifying me of stock when I was interested in some pieces.

I am not sure if you’re based in the UK Dimitris, but mikedarceyhughes (on instagram) is the buyer for their store and could help with the above too.

Are there camelhair products from WL or was it a general request?

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
I presume they would reply! I have actually been to their London Store: Richard Gelding which are part of Baltzar and the team have been very helpful in notifying me of stock when I was interested in some pieces.

I am not sure if you’re based in the UK Dimitris, but mikedarceyhughes (on instagram) is the buyer for their store and could help with the above too.

Are there camelhair products from WL or was it a general request?

Good to know, thank you again!

I am based in Athens, and AFAIK there is no WL retailer in whole Greece, hence my initial reluctance given some size inconsistencies that were thoroughly discussed here.

The said camelhair sweater is a re-branded WL, ordered by Ben Silver, a boutique in Charleston, SC, USA. I have not yet seen, nor handled a WL-made camelhair piece of knitwear, but an un-dyed cable-knit make-up in either short-length, deep-V sweater, or regular length (61.0/64.0cm at my size) sleeveless cardigan is what I am after.

Best,

Dimitris

Johnny80

Reaction score
Good to know, thank you again!

I am based in Athens, and AFAIK there is no WL retailer in whole Greece, hence my initial reluctance given some size inconsistencies that were thoroughly discussed here.

The said camelhair sweater is a re-branded WL, ordered by Ben Silver, a boutique in Charleston, SC, USA. I have not yet seen, nor handled a WL-made camelhair piece of knitwear, but an un-dyed cable-knit make-up in either short-length, deep-V sweater, or regular length (61.0/64.0cm at my size) sleeveless cardigan is what I am after.

Best,

Dimitris
If i miss-understood you ignore this...but can this be a piece under your preferences ? Is not a V-neck unfortunately Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 18.17.32.png Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 18.17.50.png

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
If i miss-understood you ignore this...but can this be a piece under your preferences ? Is not a V-neck unfortunately View attachment 2114281 View attachment 2114283

Thank you for posting a very nice WL-made piece of knitwear!

Well, since I am residing in Europe, I refrain from buying things from the US, let alone from Hong Kong due to shipping, tariffs, the application of Greek VAT, and the customs handing fee by the assigned courier.

More to that, I am not really interested in the camelhair iteration of this crewneck, WL "Chirnside" would be my first choice should I ever contemplate going for it; a beautiful garment, nonetheless!

Best,

Dimitris

hitsuji

Reaction score
Just to bump this thread a bit

Rubato is having a sale on some of its V necks, the standard ECRU, Riviera and courchevel if you use the code PRIVATE24 (doesn’t work for other v necks but some cashmere ones are available)

Unfortunately the shipping is quite steep which makes me pay for Imports in the UK and subject to that 11£ or whatever the couriers ask + VAT. But may be helpful for some of you folks. Ecru seems like a wonderful buy

thunderstruck

Reaction score
I own a few rubato knit that fits me really well. I missed the opportunity to buy the Deep V sport/cricket cable sweater from a few seasons ago.
Any help for finding a similar knit would be appreciated. I was thinking of ordering a "made to measure" Dalmo knit in cashmere with the same look if I can't find anything close.

Attachments

• 16e141b0-7235-401b-9da3-7637c3344543.jpeg
    16e141b0-7235-401b-9da3-7637c3344543.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 147

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
I own a few rubato knit that fits me really well. I missed the opportunity to buy the Deep V sport/cricket cable sweater from a few seasons ago.
Any help for finding a similar knit would be appreciated. I was thinking of ordering a "made to measure" Dalmo knit in cashmere with the same look if I can't find anything close.

Dear @thunderstruck,

As the said cricket cable sweater is most probably made in 100% cotton, I am certain that Michael Jondral (a former AV of StyleForum) has ordered it in the previous SS season(s), albeit not in the deep V-neck configuration, but things might be different this time!

Moreover, you may check with Amidé Hadelin (a current AV of the Forum); Amidé might have ordered something similar for the forthcoming SS season. He always keeps abreast with trends, he is very responsive, and a true gentleman!

Best,

Dimitris

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads