Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc... FILM THREAD

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yeah I've been hearing the rumors too that (all) the tattoos won't be in the final look for the Joker. Just for shock value and to celebrate the anniversary. If that's so, then they should make an official statement quick. Otherwise some people who don't realize they have already started filming will just assume they backtracked after the online backlash.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not sure if this is true or not but this dude that supposedly works at WB says...

And Snyder did tweet this...

3. Jr Mouse

Here's a thought. What if this is all a giant troll on fans? It's fitting for the character. Could be part of the overall viral marketing campaign. Break the forth wall and have the Joker mess with people till the film comes out.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

FTFY

5. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

http://defamer.gawker.com/some-tech-asshole-pitched-sony-on-turning-spiderman-int-1699831682

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Is it deplorable? Yes, BUT I can't even really fault him. Up until recently, studio heads never gave a flying fuck what fans/nerds/readers, etc. wanted. I mean, just look at the stories being told about producers and head honchos in Hollywood. There was that famous story Kevin Smith told that had the head of Warner Bros. demanded that Superman fight a mechanical spider. It's all about the bottom line to them. Fortunately, things are starting to turn for the better with producers taking into account the feedback of the public via social media, buzz, etc.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

7. Jr Mouse

"Spider-Man: The New Avenger" sounds like the title of one of those All-Ages comics Marvel puts out for little kids. Just awful.

8. Neo_Version 7

In fairness, the first Cap film was titled "Captain America: The First Avenger". But yeah, I personally don't associate Spidey as an Avenger. I don't care what Bendis says

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

10. Neo_Version 7

That's gotta look worse than that Quicksilver pic that made it's rounds last year

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

you mean the one people freaked out about but ended up being pretty good in the movie?

fanboys bitching about every detail when it's much more about the script and direction never ceases to amaze me. Man of Steel had amazing art direction but was hampered by a shitty script. Everyone complained about the casting choices of the Dark Knight but it turned out to be great.

Wahh wahh i don't like the movie title wahh wahh this concept art isn't good grow the fuck up you children.

12. Neo_Version 7

You don't know much about comics or taste if you consider that version of Nightcrawler acceptable. :lol:

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Yes I don't know anything about comics or taste because my panties aren't in a twist about some promo shot.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

Nightcrawler looks softer than Charmin in those pictures. Why Fox insists on putting out such horrible images for their character reveals boggles my mind.