• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah I've been hearing the rumors too that (all) the tattoos won't be in the final look for the Joker. Just for shock value and to celebrate the anniversary. If that's so, then they should make an official statement quick. Otherwise some people who don't realize they have already started filming will just assume they backtracked after the online backlash.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true or not but this dude that supposedly works at WB says...

Flaurent Soki
‏@IamFlaurentSoki

I hope you all know that that isn't the official look for Joker.

Flaurent Soki
‏@IamFlaurentSoki

I'll find out soon What The Joker really looks like and when I do, oh y'all know I'll be dropping bombs!

And Snyder did tweet this...

ZackSnyder
2714.png
@ZackSnyder

Ha ha ha, the joke’s on you Batman… #cryptic #75th https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/591761248859123713

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's a thought. What if this is all a giant troll on fans? It's fitting for the character. Could be part of the overall viral marketing campaign. Break the forth wall and have the Joker mess with people till the film comes out.

Last edited:

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Here's a thought. What if this is all a giant troll on fans? It's fitting for the character. Could be part of the overall viral marketing campaign. Break the forth wall and have the Joker keep killing some fans until till the film
Comes out.

FTFY

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://defamer.gawker.com/some-tech-asshole-pitched-sony-on-turning-spiderman-int-1699831682

Some Tech Asshole Pitched Sony On Turning Spider-Man Into an EDM Bro

Amy Pascal made some mistakes. Nobody is going to dispute that. But here’s at least one good decision she made: turning down some aging tech schmuck’s pitch to turn Spider-Man into an EDM-loving, Tough Mudder-participating, humblebragging shithead.

In November 2013, as spotted by a Twitter user named @DukeLovesYou, Pascal and Sony Pictures CEO Michael Lynton received an email from Nick Shore, an ex-MTV executive who now helps run a new Sony venture called Astronauts Wanted: No Experience Necessary, which aims to help Sony reach millennials via Vine or whatever.

So, what happens when a middle-aged one-time television executive tries to figure out what appeals to teens? Why, how about making Spider-Man really into working out and Skrillex, plus having “him” create a “very buzzworthy and cool” Snapchat “circle”?

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.
This entire email is a great argument for moving up the retirement age to 35.​

Turns out Pascal forwarded this to Michael Lynton and added “LOVE THIS” but at some point, cooler heads prevailed. https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/em...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it deplorable? Yes, BUT I can't even really fault him. Up until recently, studio heads never gave a flying **** what fans/nerds/readers, etc. wanted. I mean, just look at the stories being told about producers and head honchos in Hollywood. There was that famous story Kevin Smith told that had the head of Warner Bros. demanded that Superman fight a mechanical spider. It's all about the bottom line to them. Fortunately, things are starting to turn for the better with producers taking into account the feedback of the public via social media, buzz, etc.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"Spider-Man: The New Avenger" sounds like the title of one of those All-Ages comics Marvel puts out for little kids. Just awful.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In fairness, the first Cap film was titled "Captain America: The First Avenger". But yeah, I personally don't associate Spidey as an Avenger. I don't care what Bendis says

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's gotta look worse than that Quicksilver pic that made it's rounds last year

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you mean the one people freaked out about but ended up being pretty good in the movie?

fanboys bitching about every detail when it's much more about the script and direction never ceases to amaze me. Man of Steel had amazing art direction but was hampered by a ****** script. Everyone complained about the casting choices of the Dark Knight but it turned out to be great.

Wahh wahh i don't like the movie title wahh wahh this concept art isn't good grow the **** up you children.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't know much about comics or taste if you consider that version of Nightcrawler acceptable. :lol:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I don't know anything about comics or taste because my panties aren't in a twist about some promo shot.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nightcrawler looks softer than Charmin in those pictures. Why Fox insists on putting out such horrible images for their character reveals boggles my mind.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads