• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And some people are complaining about the pacing of Andor, reviewers included. I think they are people who are used to entertainment that never has time for character development and worldbuilding (and the reviewers parricularly should hand in their reviewer cards). Andor is paced really well if you like movies or TV that consist of more than hyper-kinetic explosions and fighting (I mean it has those too, but it's trying to get beyond being just those things...).

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And some people are complaining about the pacing of Andor, reviewers included. I think they are people who are used to entertainment that never has time for character development and worldbuilding (and the reviewers parricularly should hand in their reviewer cards). Andor is paced really well if you like movies or TV that consist of more than hyper-kinetic explosions and fighting (I mean it has those too, but it's trying to get beyond being just those things...).

Agree with all of this. I watched all three yesterday and I’m definitely happy with it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will catch up on Rings of Power tomorrow and then Andor over the weekend I think. Looking forward to it!

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a trend in a lot of reviews for Rings of Power, Andor, and HotD, complaining about how they've taken half of the season to set the stage and that "nothing is really happening!" plot-wise. I can sort of see what they mean, but at the same time I would much rather have a little extra world-building/stage-setting instead of 'splodey action from the first scene.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a trend in a lot of reviews for Rings of Power, Andor, and HotD, complaining about how they've taken half of the season to set the stage and that "nothing is really happening!" plot-wise. I can sort of see what they mean, but at the same time I would much rather have a little extra world-building/stage-setting instead of 'splodey action from the first scene.
Same here. I don't mind the somewhat glacial pace of the LOTR show. I hate shows that are too videogame-like anyway. Some exposition and character building is appreciated.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. I don't mind the somewhat glacial pace of the LOTR show. I hate shows that are too videogame-like anyway. Some exposition and character building is appreciated.
I also appreciate the fact that there's like 6000 years of material between this and LOTR, so I'm not expecting them to wrap it all up in a single season. :)

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First two are slow burn, lots of background, worldbuilding and atmosphere. It's very Rogue One in terms of look and lighting (although unfortunately not so much, sound)... and the much more socially-aware, class-conscious portrayal of a corrupt authoritarian empire and its effects on ordinary people. It's great so far, and it's clear it's building to an explosive transformation in the plot, in 3, 2, 1...

Pre-watch comments (wont get to it until tomorrow night) but I really like what i am hearing reading.
Specifically; "portrayal of a corrupt authoritarian empire and its effects on ordinary people" YES! more of this please, While we saw the empire destroy a plane in A New Hope, and they were clearly the bad guys..... I am very excited to the day to day effects on normal people living under the empire. Glimpses (but tinged with Jedi/Sith mysticism in Kenobi) I am very much looking forward to this aspect of the show.

Again, I haven't watched yet, but I am so good with this. This season is 12 episodes?? yes, please, bring on the slow burn, give me character development, and real arcs....

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, Andor is really, really good. Puts the last few Star Wars shows to shame.

Also caught up on LOTR. Love it but it’s getting more than a bit soap opera-y.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing I would want to improve about Andor is the music. Rogue One had this really abstract soundtrack and use of sound montage that harkened back to the original Star Wars and Lucas's mentor, Walter Murch. Andor's music is rather unremarkable.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like Adria Ajorna to wear Leia's slave outfit for the entire series...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics