• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Suntory

Reaction score
I could be wrong, because I'm not that well acquainted with Star Wars, but didn't Palpatine tell a story to someone (Anakin, perhaps) about how an apprentice (Palpatine, in other words) had killed his master (Darth Plagueis)?

That being the case, it would make it rather unlikely that Snoke is Plagueis.
You've never heard of plot-twists, clones, lies, "different point of view", etc?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He could be lying to protect the mystery box, but unless I'm mistaken JJ said Snoke had no direct ties to Palpatine.

My thoughts are Disney and the creative team will want to expand the universe and our understanding of the Force. An interesting way of doing this would be to introduce new dark side forces that had not been seen before.

Last edited:

Suntory

Reaction score
He could be lying to protect the mystery box, but unless I'm mistaken JJ said Snoke had no direct ties to Palpatine.
True, but man I am so ******* tired of seeing Andy Serkis being the default go to guy for any CGI character.

Maybe one day he'll be a transformer.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah. Snoke was the weakest character in the film.

Suntory

Reaction score
My thoughts are Disney and the creative team will want to expand the universe and our understanding of the Force. An interesting way of doing this would be to introduce new dark side forces that had not been seen before.
I so want them to bring in the Yuzohan Fong or whatever the asian name they have that are Force resistant. That arc as you said was interesting. Imagine the Dark/Light side having to team up to fight them, therefore uniting the Resistance/Order.

Suntory

Reaction score
Jr Mouse, do you think Old Obi-Wan from ANH could take on Kylo Ren?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never read those books but heard many of them were awful. The concept itself was sound and no reason Disney couldn't steal from it and do their own version.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a fan theory out there that says Snoke is really Darth Plagueis, former master of Palpatine. It would make things more interesting I guess.

I could be wrong, because I'm not that well acquainted with Star Wars, but didn't Palpatine tell a story to someone (Anakin, perhaps) about how an apprentice (Palpatine, in other words) had killed his master (Darth Plagueis)?

That being the case, it would make it rather unlikely that Snoke is Plagueis.

Yes but Plagueis is the one who became so powerful he could save people from dying, maybe he ultimately saved himself too but it took some time for him to be able to regain his strengths. Later Palpatine was at peak of his powers so he might be afraid to face him and when Palpatine died he seized the opportunity.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jr Mouse, do you think Old Obi-Wan from ANH could take on Kylo Ren?

Part of the concept of Kylo is that he's unrefined. Not fully trained and still learning the ways of the dark side. Unfocused even.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW I don't believe Snoke is Plagueis, but there is a line in the movie were Kylo calls him wise. That was how Palpatine referred to Plagueis.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the thread title includes a giant spoiler alert. it's beyond irritating to have to click through cascades of spoilers. i won't debase myself to do so and so this thread is useless to me. oh well.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so i saw the movie, and i love the original series. prequels were ok in my mind (aside from episode 1).

Force awakens, lives too much in the original 3 with JJ abrams style. I completely understand what Lucas mean when he said "its not the movie i would of made". The whole cliffhanger with Luke at the end just screams lost to me and completely not necessary. The death of han solo is completely emotionless, it was used more as a story bridge rather than develop kylo ren whom seems like an angry emo kid.

Overall its fun to watch and i'll see it again because it is a beautiful film. But, i prefer Lucas style, he creates a movie and it always leaves you wanting more. It doesn't force you to go see the next one because of a cliffhanger.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Abrams star wars, to me it would be close 4th behind Return of the Jedi and miles ahead all of the news movies with CGI crap. In fact if he came up with something different than Starkiller base it'd have it before ROTJ which was almost ruined by Ewoks. But ROTJ had EPIC Throne Room scene and space battle scene that rocked. But really it was a very good movie that Abrams made imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads