1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Jr Mouse, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Suntory

Suntory Senior member

If you are supreme you can wear what you want.
    You've never heard of plot-twists, clones, lies, "different point of view", etc?

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    He could be lying to protect the mystery box, but unless I'm mistaken JJ said Snoke had no direct ties to Palpatine.

My thoughts are Disney and the creative team will want to expand the universe and our understanding of the Force. An interesting way of doing this would be to introduce new dark side forces that had not been seen before.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. Suntory

Suntory Senior member

True, but man I am so fucking tired of seeing Andy Serkis being the default go to guy for any CGI character.

Maybe one day he'll be a transformer.

4. Jr Mouse

Yeah. Snoke was the weakest character in the film.

5. Suntory

Suntory Senior member

I so want them to bring in the Yuzohan Fong or whatever the asian name they have that are Force resistant. That arc as you said was interesting. Imagine the Dark/Light side having to team up to fight them, therefore uniting the Resistance/Order.

6. Suntory

Suntory Senior member

Jr Mouse, do you think Old Obi-Wan from ANH could take on Kylo Ren?

7. Jr Mouse

I never read those books but heard many of them were awful. The concept itself was sound and no reason Disney couldn't steal from it and do their own version.

8. wojt

wojt Senior member

Yes but Plagueis is the one who became so powerful he could save people from dying, maybe he ultimately saved himself too but it took some time for him to be able to regain his strengths. Later Palpatine was at peak of his powers so he might be afraid to face him and when Palpatine died he seized the opportunity.

9. Jr Mouse

Part of the concept of Kylo is that he's unrefined. Not fully trained and still learning the ways of the dark side. Unfocused even.

10. Jr Mouse

FWIW I don't believe Snoke is Plagueis, but there is a line in the movie were Kylo calls him wise. That was how Palpatine referred to Plagueis.

11. gort

gort Senior member

Spoilers are not necessary. Why on earth would anybody click on this thread if they hadn't seen the movie yet once it has been released.

Han

Solo

Dies

12. double00

double00 Senior member

the thread title includes a giant spoiler alert. it's beyond irritating to have to click through cascades of spoilers. i won't debase myself to do so and so this thread is useless to me. oh well.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

so i saw the movie, and i love the original series. prequels were ok in my mind (aside from episode 1).

Force awakens, lives too much in the original 3 with JJ abrams style. I completely understand what Lucas mean when he said "its not the movie i would of made". The whole cliffhanger with Luke at the end just screams lost to me and completely not necessary. The death of han solo is completely emotionless, it was used more as a story bridge rather than develop kylo ren whom seems like an angry emo kid.

Overall its fun to watch and i'll see it again because it is a beautiful film. But, i prefer Lucas style, he creates a movie and it always leaves you wanting more. It doesn't force you to go see the next one because of a cliffhanger.

15. wojt

wojt Senior member

I prefer Abrams star wars, to me it would be close 4th behind Return of the Jedi and miles ahead all of the news movies with CGI crap. In fact if he came up with something different than Starkiller base it'd have it before ROTJ which was almost ruined by Ewoks. But ROTJ had EPIC Throne Room scene and space battle scene that rocked. But really it was a very good movie that Abrams made imo.