• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y'all are tripping. Blade Runner 2049 was an outstanding film.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it wasn't.
It really wasn't. It demonstrated zero understanding of both the world that Blade Runner created, and the issues it raised. The fanservice inclusion of Harrison Ford was ridiculous. But it looked nice. So there's that.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
I haven’t read any, so I’ll defer to you
Fan fiction nearly invariably becomes fan about the sex lives of the various characters, ranging from Hallmarky (not usually, btw) to bascially Hentai. Storylnes are hard, but nearly everyone likes sex, so if you are super invested in a character, they become an onject of the author's own projections. A lot of it, the sex weavfes into the narrative, so that's easier to do as well. Like, why is Anakin so attracted to Palpatine? Aside from what is canon, it's also... maybe actual attraction? Pretty standard.

I've spend way too much of the last decade deciphering the things people do online and their motivations for doing so...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fan fiction nearly invariably becomes fan about the sex lives of the various characters
I've found this to be true.
The only one I can remember was about Kobe and Lebron fighting to the death while nude on top of a volcano or something.
No clue how that came my way via algorithms.
I hate the NBA, although I do like volcanos.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
The only one I can remember was about Kobe and Lebron fighting to the death while nude on top of a volcano or something.
Yeah, gay fan fiction writers have the most vivid imaginations, typically.

\Straight people (and I am straight) are pretty vanilla. Like, everything that 99% of us can imagine was painted in frescos in Roman brothels. The configurational and conformational space is pretty limited, as are the gender roles. Most of it is very... Fifity Shades of Grey, which I'm sure that all of you know is from fan fic of a lady with aa boring job who wrote this insert me type of fantazy fan fic on her commute to work.

But a lot of queer fan fiction just seems like it was written by someone on a very weird trip.

Incidentally, and we shoukd have a thread on "The Good Place", the book written by Brent Norfolk about "Chip Driver" must have been the dream morning assignment in the writers' room.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Back to Star Wars:
The Book of Boba Fett was good so far, but suffers from the usual Star Wars problems with pacing and puzzling inconsistencies. The Mandatorian is still the best, primarily becaue they just stuck to the space western thing and didn't try to put more in. I am both really wanting ObiWan to be good, but fearing that it could easily be terrible, because Star Wars is the Fredo of movie franchises "You broke my heart. You broke my heart."

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
888400EF-FE90-4B4A-B69B-18AC4C9B4223.gif

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MachRc