• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Y'all are tripping. Blade Runner 2049 was an outstanding film.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it wasn't.

It really wasn't. It demonstrated zero understanding of both the world that Blade Runner created, and the issues it raised. The fanservice inclusion of Harrison Ford was ridiculous. But it looked nice. So there's that.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1647534836815.png

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t read any, so I’ll defer to you
Fan fiction nearly invariably becomes fan about the sex lives of the various characters, ranging from Hallmarky (not usually, btw) to bascially Hentai. Storylnes are hard, but nearly everyone likes sex, so if you are super invested in a character, they become an onject of the author's own projections. A lot of it, the sex weavfes into the narrative, so that's easier to do as well. Like, why is Anakin so attracted to Palpatine? Aside from what is canon, it's also... maybe actual attraction? Pretty standard.

I've spend way too much of the last decade deciphering the things people do online and their motivations for doing so...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fan fiction nearly invariably becomes fan about the sex lives of the various characters
I've found this to be true.
The only one I can remember was about Kobe and Lebron fighting to the death while nude on top of a volcano or something.
No clue how that came my way via algorithms.
I hate the NBA, although I do like volcanos.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only one I can remember was about Kobe and Lebron fighting to the death while nude on top of a volcano or something.
Yeah, gay fan fiction writers have the most vivid imaginations, typically.

\Straight people (and I am straight) are pretty vanilla. Like, everything that 99% of us can imagine was painted in frescos in Roman brothels. The configurational and conformational space is pretty limited, as are the gender roles. Most of it is very... Fifity Shades of Grey, which I'm sure that all of you know is from fan fic of a lady with aa boring job who wrote this insert me type of fantazy fan fic on her commute to work.

But a lot of queer fan fiction just seems like it was written by someone on a very weird trip.

Incidentally, and we shoukd have a thread on "The Good Place", the book written by Brent Norfolk about "Chip Driver" must have been the dream morning assignment in the writers' room.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to Star Wars:
The Book of Boba Fett was good so far, but suffers from the usual Star Wars problems with pacing and puzzling inconsistencies. The Mandatorian is still the best, primarily becaue they just stuck to the space western thing and didn't try to put more in. I am both really wanting ObiWan to be good, but fearing that it could easily be terrible, because Star Wars is the Fredo of movie franchises "You broke my heart. You broke my heart."

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

888400EF-FE90-4B4A-B69B-18AC4C9B4223.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads