• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vents

Reaction score
^it's hell, i found the red wings under new arrivals, "boots" category. look for a $5 gift cert. when you join, i missed it...
KL is also having 40% sitewide, they carry a lot of red wings...just go on there and youll see the code

Last edited:

xJack

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wonder this myself. I have recieve a couple those things from FedEx. Never paid. I bought an item on ebay as described as being in the US and it shipping outside the country. Fedex later sent me a bill and I was like f-that. They eventually stop sending them.

They'll destroy your credit.

BigC222

Reaction score

Plus if you ever want to use them to deliver stuff, they'll have you on record and make you pay for the late fees first. I'm surprised that they would still deliver if they chasing for debts.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a foolproof way to dealing with customs when you order from abroad:

1. Order item and always expect customs/duty fees.
2. If no customs/duty fees are charged, be happy and enjoy the item you ordered.
3. If customs/duties are charged, pay the bill and then enjoy the item you ordered.

Can we move on now?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Plus if you ever want to use them to deliver stuff, they'll have you on record and make you pay for the late fees first. I'm surprised that they would still deliver if they chasing for debts. 

It's probably on his credit report because the lazy ass fool just ignored it. If you get a collection letter, send a simple letter saying "I dispute this.". The onus is on the collection agency to validate the debt. Since you likely never entered into any agreement with the shipping company, they won't be able to. Of course the sender of the package could then go after you but what's the likelihood of a foreign company going to that effort. Of course fedex and the shipper might not want to ever deal with you again.

Shipper's Liability
In cases that the receiving party or the third party instructed to pay the duties and taxes for the package refuses to pay the fees, based on the contract of carriage with FedEx, "The shipper is ultimately liable for any duties and taxes assessed on the shipment." In this case, the shipper shall be billed for the dutiable/taxable package s/he sent.

Having said this, no matter how rapey the brokerage fees are, this a legitimate debt. The taxes actually are owed. Just pay your bills deadbeats.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well I am going to wreck the thread with another customs story.
I just got hit with customs on a purchase from LN-CC.
I was surprised by that because I asked by email about it specifically before buying and they responded "As we now transact in US dollars and on a DDP basis the price on the website is the final price. You should not receive any extra charge from DHL or customs prior to your delivery." Their website says the same thing.
I emailed LN-CC a few days ago about the customs bill and haven't heard back. I am assuming this is an honest mistake on their part and maybe they haven't gotten back to me because of time difference + weekend + they haven't heard back from DHL.
I will let you know if they make this right, or if they don't. I am hoping they can get this sorted out because LN-CC is one of the few webstores that sells anything that I want. I would like to buy from them again.
I wish they would just ship by Royal Mail......

Well I'm officially concerned now. How long after you received your goods, did you receive the customs bill?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzel