1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official S/S 2013 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jun 16, 2012.

1. the shah

the shah Senior member

lol that's rather awful !

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

since snow brought it up in the other thread, I really like everything in this Siki Im retrospective. I think a lot of the pre-2012 pieces really benefit from being shown again in this context. i'm really kinda kicking myself actually for not picking up some of his pants at the sample sale, though there wasn't much in my size left anyway, I guess. i like how clean, and relaxed, and simple his stuff looks here. it's definitely my favorite show of his (if you can pick a retrospective as a favorite collection :tounge: )

now just hoping the actual SS13 collection is better than what we've seen...

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

so these pieces wont be for sale in ss13, right?
    would have been a good opportunity to get something that you missed out on.

1 person likes this.
  4. the shah

the shah Senior member

more ss13 looks

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Now that is great stuff!
    Nice fabric on the ls tee/hoody combo thing

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

That's the same stuff as before. He just made a cool hoody to go with it, everyone likes cool hoodies.

7. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Re: Siki Im

The Barcelona presentation was indeed a retrospective. I don’t think any of the featured pieces were from SS13 (and if I’m mistaken they were basics / staples). However, there is definitely a link between the Barcelona retrospective and his approach to his next collection. For Spring-Summer 2013 Siki has used some of his favourite / classic pieces as a starting point to refine and update his silhouette. From the beginning many of the details (such as hidden and covered closures) have been present but, I feel, his recent plays on volume and lengths have really helped him craft his own identity. So, a lot of SS13 takes those pieces and refines / plays with the silhouette. There are certainly completely new styles as well though (such as the sarouel pants that have been posted as well as a few pieces with detachable layers). Some great linens and washed Japanese cottons / wools are used.

Hey guys, I’ve been absent from the site for a bit, but I’m slowly starting to catch up again and I’ll have some more info / impressions / and pictures to share soon.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  8. pickpackpockpuck

Thanks, Platypus. Glad to hear the retrospective foreshadows what's to come. Is Suspension Point going to carry Siki Im? I found a stockist list and you were on there. I'd love to find another Siki stockist since I really like what he does.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

FUCK YES :slayer:

10. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Definitely grabbing this shirt

[​IMG]

And I like this look a lot, especially the rings. Anyone know who does the jewelry?

[​IMG]

11. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Indeed, Suspension Point will carry a selection of Siki Im FW12 so it'll be great to see everyone's reaction to the pieces.

Bows: That casual blazer is a great piece (that's the wool-cotton I mentioned before). It's too bad samples are often too big for me (I'll still post a few pics eventually though). I believe the jewellery is the model's own. Where did you find the pictures (I can see they're from the Paris showroom)?

12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Grab me a sample! I'm a 50/52. Its a PDF I got emailed. I can PM you a link if you want.

Do you know anything about the shirt?

13. pickpackpockpuck

Great to hear. Will keep an eye out for the new arrivals.

Bows, hook me up with that pdf!

14. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Bows: Thanks. The shirt has an abstract skull / bone print in black and white. There are also nice details like the signature chest pocket, covered closure, MOP buttons, and such.

Pick: Great! Lots of great stuff coming soon (including several new brands).

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

is it going to say 'spring summer 2013' on it lol?

16. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Looking forward to your impressions platypus. Always a lot better to get first hand accounts, gives a lot more depth to the pieces shown on the runway. Also curious to see what brands you pick up for this season.

17. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Snow: I believe so. Think of it as a manifestation of how Helmut Lang (who often did similar things with his "backstage" shirts and stuff) has influenced Siki.

18. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i dont mind it really.. its executed well.
    great to hear that SP will carry SI!

19. pickpackpockpuck

yeah, I really like the way it looks. i typically don't like text on my clothing either, but this makes sense to me.

20. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like Siki's signature triangle pocket (usually an interior blazer pocket detail). Looks cool against the graphic on that shirt.