1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official S/S 2013 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Like others have sid, Damir has quite a few nice pieces in this collection but it doesn't all quite hang together. Not that that in itself is a horrible thing of course. Not sure how I feel about his journey to commercial viability though. Will see how it works out for him in the long run.

2. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

imo DDs collection looks pretty much like something dries would do

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  3. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Pretty much every high-end brand turned away from heavy branding a while ago, we aren't in the 90s. BV sells to Middle-Easterners/Chinese/Cultural lepers like LV (which still has some branding).

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Have to admit Dior HC was pretty cool. Thought LV was ridiculous on first glance, but on second I could even see myself wearing some of the nautical gear. I've tried on some of their RTW and it all felt top notch, of course, but that was a couple years ago and the style was massive but not in a cool way.

5. wurm

wurm Senior member

I like Damir this season though as others have pointed out it seems a bit incohesive. He's definitely taken things in a different direction from a few seasons ago, but I don't really think he's watered down anything in the process. I think he should tone down some of the brighter colors a little, but it's really nothing big to remark on.

Yohji was just great.

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

The show felt a bit disjointed and lacked cohesiveness but other than that I think it's pretty consistent with what Damir has been doing since FW10 (or maybe even SS10) when he started introducing more voluminous silhouettes and eased off on the drapey-drapey stuff. The ovoid shape and eastern influences are still there, some of the waist accessories are unfortunate though. I feel Damir's volume are more rigid and heavy whereas Yohji is all about fluidity, it seems almost sculptural at times. There are definitely some 80s vibes here (the more understated kind), which is not surprising given Doma's interest in Miyake, Armani etc... and his close relationship with the magazine Encens (Doma's stylist, Samuel Drira is co-founder and editor of the magazine) which is pushing that late 70s early 80s aesthetic (Matthew Ames, Christophe Lemaire etc)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

7. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I probably wasn't clear. The piece (not my opinion, as I don't really have one on trends in high-end bags) was talking about how Maier did that when he took over at BV at beginning of 2000s, not saying BV has minimal branding compared to other brands today.

edit: also, think sipang hit the nail on the head regarding the difference in yohji's volume and damir's. their fabric choices (from little I've seen anyway) seem to really make that clear.

8. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Kris Van Assche ss13.
    Really liked the tonal suits with techy jackets worn on top. Last look i posted is a favourite of mine :)
    Didnt like the denim or the hats

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The pants looked pretty nice but everything else is really blah. Is it me or does it seem like a pretty empty collection? I know, I'm not his biggest fan or anything, but it's like a few color blocked shirts, some shorts, a couple generic-looking tech jackets and that's it.

10. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

shoes look cool

[​IMG]

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Yeah it was a bit plain compared to other ss seasons but at the same time it's cleaner than previous seasons. By that I mean that the silhouettes are slimmer and it's very monotone.

Much better than dh lol (sorry kris :( )

12. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Was gonna post the same thing about DH. Though his own line´s show wasn´t impressive, there were a lot of elements that I dug. The shirts with the X lines across, the burgundy (?) jackets, some tees and suits. But DH bored the hell out of me... and those lapels [​IMG]

13. northmenswear

northmenswear Member

Dries, KVA, Jil, Raf and Marni. I don't bother paying attention to the other designers.

14. the shah

the shah Senior member

RIP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

etc...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  15. sipang

sipang Senior member

yeah but Re$ort

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

is it bad that i kinda like that damir resort collection? it's probably intellectually vacant but i like how it looks, at least.

17. pickpackpockpuck

hah, saw that resort stuff. I think it's kinda awful. I guess it looks alright, but it seems so watered down and generic compared his other work. It could be the best collection Zara ever released though.

I haven't given up on Damir. I don't expect everything a designer puts out to be outstanding (is there anyone that's never put out something subpar?), and I'm curious to see what direction he goes in.

18. sipang

sipang Senior member

People are just mad he started using colors and shiny fabrics

4 people like this.
  19. the shah

the shah Senior member

it's not the colors and shininess , i quite like color and recall he had almost an entire collection made up of different shades of reds (woooo a whole color!)
    it's just the fabrics themselves, i can't believe some of this recycled garbage bags he's using to make jackets and knits nowadays but the earlier stuff i've handled like the wool trousers i have are so incredibly lightweight and soft you can enjoy them.

i'm staring to think this whole luxe business is becoming an obsession. he's broken through, now putting out more and more accessories footwear and scents $DamirDoma$ is gonna be around if he keeps this up

exact

the future direction is what may save him because since past year and half is been trash

20. pickpackpockpuck

Here's the whole Tillman Lauterbach collection.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]