• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Jewish

Jews aren't Gypsies.
teacha.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The 5 won't be LTE (4G) so it'll still be either voice or data only. Have to wait for the 6 for that.

Interesting to see how AT&T's network fairs after the unwashed start hopping over to Verizon.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
That was me. A verizon rep told me that on the phone.... She actually put me on hold to find the answer, and told me that it would ship out on the 3rd... I was unhappy last night when I saw it. Waiting for the 10th, and then waiting until July for the 5
smile.gif

You got me all excited.
frown.gif
The way I see it, if you always wait for the next best thing you're never going to get anything. There is no proof that there is an iPhone 5 coming out anytime soon. Yea, historically apple refreshes in June but who the **** knows what the refresh is going to be, or if there is even one coming. It's going to be hilarious if people hold off and get their hopes up for an iPhone that can surf and talk, do hotspot nerd **** that the verizon phone supposedly cant do, cast spells on women to finally get them laid, and then Apple just releases the phone in a different color.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
BUt in this case people will only have to wait a couple months to find out.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
You got me all excited.
frown.gif

The way I see it, if you always wait for the next best thing you're never going to get anything. There is no proof that there is an iPhone 5 coming out anytime soon. Yea, historically apple refreshes in June but who the **** knows what the refresh is going to be, or if there is even one coming. It's going to be hilarious if people hold off and get their hopes up for an iPhone that can surf and talk, do hotspot nerd **** that the verizon phone supposedly cant do, cast spells on women to finally get them laid, and then Apple just releases the phone in a different color.

Sorry for misinforming you AGAIN... just got shipping notification that my iPhone shipped.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine also shipped with the scheduled delivery being Monday. I'm so excited to get rid of this POS blackberry.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
The 5 won't be LTE (4G) so it'll still be either voice or data only. Have to wait for the 6 for that. Interesting to see how AT&T's network fairs after the unwashed start hopping over to Verizon.
They don't have to wait for 4G for this to happen, just no one has adopted it yet.
You got me all excited.
frown.gif

it's coming, man. it's like clockwork. leaks of new processors, antennas, etc are popping up for the 5. everyone knew the 4 was going to be announced around this time last year when Apple bought a ridiculous amounts of VGA cameras. That solidified the rumor of a front-facing camera. I know they are rumors, but it's suppose to be totally redesigned, like no home key and little ****. hardware wise the majority of upgrades are done for now. just more memory and a faster processor, maybe better camera.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
They don't have to wait for 4G for this to happen, just no one has adopted it yet.
Huh? You can do simultaneous voice and data over CDMA.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got me all excited.
frown.gif

They sold 46 million iPhone 4s over the last 6 months of 2010. Over 40% of their revenues come from phone sales. I bet we'll see a new phone in June. I get you though, you can spend your whole life waiting for the ultimate gadget. Still, if you only upgrade every 2-3 years it makes sense to wait 4 months. If you're one of these freaky people that needs a new phone every 6 months to a year, then don't bother.
Huh? You can do simultaneous voice and data over CDMA.
I'm not 100% on this, but I think CDMA can do it. Antenna manufacturers haven't adopted the tech yet, though.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I'm not 100% on this, but I think CDMA can do it. Antenna manufacturers haven't adopted the tech yet, though.
Nope. Not the current version of CDMA. What you're talking about is a new 4G style version.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not the current version of CDMA. What you're talking about is a new 4G style version.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/08/ver...one-talk-surf/

Now, they're working to overcome it. A solution that will allow CDMA networks to carry voice and data simultaneously will become commercially available in the first half of next year, said Brad Shewmake, spokesman for the CDMA Development Group, an industry organization.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz

I get you though, you can spend your whole life waiting for the ultimate gadget. Still, if you only upgrade every 2-3 years it makes sense to wait 4 months. If you're one of these freaky people that needs a new phone every 6 months to a year, then don't bother.

I upgrade every 2-3 years, and usually skip over iterations. I did not go from the iPhone 3 to 3gs or 4, but will jump on the 5. I'm happy to wait for it, and honestly I've been fine with my 3 (except for the crappy camera).

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
I upgrade every 2-3 years, and usually skip over iterations. I did not go from the iPhone 3 to 3gs or 4, but will jump on the 5. I'm happy to wait for it, and honestly I've been fine with my 3 (except for the crappy camera).

Did you ever upgrade your phone to iOS 4? Wondering if you skipped that upgrade, as a lot of people were disappointed with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads