• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double click in lock screen to camera is insanely fast. less than 2 seconds. :slayer:

i'm most impressed with the camera. renders my canon s95 almost useless. will give it to the GF later today for her to use.

Willie5566

Reaction score
no reason. i can always go back if i want. just trying out iCloud. for what i do with gmail, it works fine. i hardly ever log on to a google site from a computer.

Cool. I was worried for a second there.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I like it. Moving from a Crackberry to this is like "whoa, why did I wait so ******* long."

Blackberry is dead as far as I am concerned. They have taken far too long to revamp their OS to something modern and make themselves relevant. If I owned stock I would sell it fast.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

double click in lock screen to camera is insanely fast. less than 2 seconds. :slayer:

i'm most impressed with the camera. renders my canon s95 almost useless. will give it to the GF later today for her to use.

Yup. The cameras are getting so good that you really don't need to carry a point in shoot anymore. Just own your iPhone and get a good DSLR for the times you want outstanding images.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Question. Does anyone know of a way to have a private photo album on an iPhone? One that you can store images on, but can't be opened by someone playing with your phone without a password? Seems like it would be a good idea for a feature.

If not, any apps for this?

EDIT: NM, found an app.

Last edited:

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

Question. Does anyone know of a way to have a private photo album on an iPhone? One that you can store images on, but can't be opened by someone playing with your phone without a password? Seems like it would be a good idea for a feature.
If not, any apps for this?
EDIT: NM, found an app.

JRMouse got tittay piczzz!!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Played around with one last night.
First target: Siri.
First letdown: Siri.
Reason - Doesn't work in Canada. God damn it!

I haven't got an iPhone, but I've got a couple of questions about Siri as I'm interested in this type of voice recognition technology.

1) Does it work offline? i.e. can one set appointments and to-do lists by voice when there is no internet available.

2) Can it cope with non-American accents and dialects? So far with most voice recognition systems that I've tried, unless one sounds like CNN or VOA, they never seem to work as they're supposed to.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Browser works great with SF. However I feel like I need to post in the "gf general breakup" thread. Lol

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't got an iPhone, but I've got a couple of questions about Siri as I'm interested in this type of voice recognition technology.
1) Does it work offline? i.e. can one set appointments and to-do lists by voice when there is no internet available.
2) Can it cope with non-American accents and dialects? So far with most voice recognition systems that I've tried, unless one sounds like CNN or VOA, they never seem to work as they're supposed to.

1) no

JakeLA

Reaction score
I heard the line at the Apple Store near my office wasn't too bad, so I walked over there. But at the end of the line was the dwarf from Twin Peaks, and it kind of freaked me out, so I left and bought it at an AT&T store with no waiting.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I heard the line at the Apple Store near my office wasn't too bad, so I walked over there. But at the end of the line was the dwarf from Twin Peaks, and it kind of freaked me out, so I left and bought it at an AT&T store with no waiting.

by time i lefet the store, 6 pacific, there was no line and still had a ton of inventory. 21st century supply chains, baby! :slayer:

few pics of the droid, taken with the iphone. the droid was literally holding on to dear life

Last edited:

cloonz

Reaction score

2) yes but there are only 5 dialects right now - they are adding more

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads