• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe he will land in Bravoos someday and meet Arya again. And they will have some nudity scene.

He will continue to row until the series finale when he shows up as a zombie and rapes the bejeezus out of Arya, who is the only human left.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a casting list for next season - looks like we're flashing back to find out what really happened in the Tower of Joy. Casting seems to be looking for characters who are long dead in the TV show's timeline ....

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems really obvious to me that the "deaths" were all ambiguous because the writers haven't decided what they're going to do for next season.

Call me cynical.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Stannis is dead.

Sure, I think so too. But the evidence for that comes from the plot points the writers deliberately use to convey information to the viewers, not from some sort of CSI-ish analysis of perceived details that were not intended for that purpose. This is fictional story-telling by storytellers who are not exactly known for relentless fidelity to science, real-world combat dynamics, or internal logic. It's not a documentary stitched together from historical footage contemporaneously filmed by embedded reporters.
If we were to understand that Stannis's existing wounds were unavoidably fatal, the whole Brienne execution scene would be utterly pointless.

It seems really obvious to me that the "deaths" were all ambiguous because the writers haven't decided what they're going to do for next season.

Probably that, and/or a bit of intentional ambiguity to foster speculation and uncertainty among viewers to sustain interest.

Last edited:

Stugotes

Reaction score
We don't really know if the Hound is dead, either, right?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sure, I think so too. But the evidence for that comes from the plot points the writers deliberately use to convey information to the viewers, not from some sort of CSI-ish analysis of perceived details that were not intended for that purpose. This is fictional story-telling by storytellers who are not exactly known for relentless fidelity to science, real-world combat dynamics, or internal logic. It's not a documentary stitched together from historical footage contemporaneously filmed by embedded reporters.
If we were to understand that Stannis's existing wounds were unavoidably fatal, the whole Brienne execution scene would be utterly pointless.
Probably that, and/or a bit of intentional ambiguity to foster speculation and uncertainty among viewers to sustain interest.

This is how I interpreted it, Bolton soldier slashes femoral artery behind Stannis' knee. He sees the blood on the ground and immediately accepts his fate. He knew he was dead by the time Brienne got there. I don't see him coming back because his story really has nowhere to go anyway. I think this is the show's way of tying up plot lines that are ongoing in the books so they can actually end the show at some point in the next 2 years or so.

It wasn't some CSI analysis I used, I'm not that smart. Just the pool of blood under his knee and the look on his face when he saw it was what lead me to that conclusion. When I saw that scene I actually heard his voice in my head say "Well! I'm fucked." LOL

I wouldn't be surprised if we actually did get to see the Greyjoy succession story next season, only to have all them die off as well. (Hell, did Balon even die in the show? I don't even remember)

We don't really know if the Hound is dead, either, right?

Now the Hound is most definitely alive.

PS - Show Brienne really sucks ass.

Also, boo to the show for not emphasizing the Dornish connection to the rise of the Sparrow movement.

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It would have been a better end had he just bled out. Alone. 

lefty

+1

Would have been more fitting. Justice for Renly? Who cares about him, seriously?

edit: I hope the Melisandre never dies and keeps getting naked.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Brienne scene was ******* stupid.

The leftette finally caught up on S5 this weekend and after the last episode she turned to me and said, "Y'know, I don't think these guys know what the hell they're doing."

She hasn't read the books.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niotyer