• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quar
NYR, I like everything except the shoes. Seems you are trying to channel the iammatt signature posture, but it seems a little unnatural to me. Is there any reason your arms are held pronated in almost every photograph you take? Reminds me of pigeon-toed PG in 2009.

I guess its just a natural tightening up in front of the camera...

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Wow, what an amazing tie!!!
spam[1].gif
Imagine how good it would look ig you knew how to tie a knot !

i think he did a better job tying the tie today... and the pockets are in the right place, it's just the jacket is slightly longer than sf typical

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius
Crap. I was going to use him. What was your issue? Do you think he's good at diagnosing what needs to be corrected (putting aside his actual work).

overall sloppy work, unfinished work, threads left in, etc.

had sleeves shortened, he (his workers) only did one side, not the other, etc.

I brought it back to him and showed him (as I had not tried on the jacket in the shop) and had to have him redo it. and expensive for what was done in my opinion... for the quality of work done.

perhaps it was an isolated experience, but I was less than enthused.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just a quick teaser before I go out of town for the weekend. Full shots maybe next week, maybe even the drapists will like this one. Happy Father's day for those who it applies!
25dbe8ca.jpg
1e7631e0.jpg
a4f54f73.jpg
d7047032.jpg
5127bb28.jpg
968c62ba.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not a lot of time for better photos this morning. Crappy iphone stuff. I need to g/f to get some decent ones still. Yes, I got rid of the stupid clip after seeing these...
1d887db6.jpg

f380e62f.jpg

a9ddecec.jpg

c7a0ebe1.jpg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Very nice. What did you specify to get that?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From my first commission I told Frank to give me a longer jacket, drop the button stance a bit, 3 5/8" lapels. Minimal drape in the chest with very soft shoulders and chest. In my first one there was close to nothing in the shoulders, except for what feels like to be canvas and felt, where this one has maybe a 1/4" pad. Frank also dropped the gorge a bit, he thought that it looked better, more English. I am not sure where it matters to me, I like both.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I will reserve any judgmenet until full shots but it seems little tight in the waist as there is some pulling. Also,don't see a lot of drape here,can you post shots of the back as well? This is the new suit,right?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, new suit. Better pictures will have to wait until the g/f is over with her camera. It is pretty waisted, but I insist on that as I like it. There is definitely room in the chest, my roomiest suit yet, "drape" is not always apparent in pictures, but I can definitely feel a difference here. Like I said I told him minimal. Some might call it a "normal" chest compared to like Manton's stuff, but regardless I feel like it is a very well sculpted jacket and light as a feather.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great,let's see full shots. Also,it might be just the angle of the shots but I can see little gaping in the chest,lapels don't fall straight on the chest,again,it might be the pictures or maybe just the lower buttoning point accentuating it.
You got peak lapels and a ticket pocket?
nest.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif
No gaping, I promise, shadows abound. Yes, ticket pocket and peak lapels, very style forum unfriendly, I know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads