• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)***

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ercole's in the wild. 2-patch lightweight cashmere (much duller and darker green irl). My companion is also of Brooklyn vintage.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ercole's in the wild. 2-patch lightweight cashmere (much duller and darker green irl). My companion is also of Brooklyn vintage.

Looks good man, on all counts!

I'm having a floral casual shirt made now...can't wait to see it done.

Reborn

Reaction score

Been working with Frank on this the past few months, now its live and ready to go:
http://www.francoercole.com/
Would love feedback...

I think they might have some photo placeholders still in place:

"We have books from: Dormeiul, Scabal, Holland & Sherry, Loro Piana, Harrissons, WBill, and many others (photos of books).

We also stock many fabrics in house, saving you time and money (photo of stocked fabric)."

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scruffy does not like the scruff? :tinfoil:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

good stuff NYR, did you have a hand in the design?

Only a bit...I can PM you the guys info if you're interested. Photog is you know who.

I think they might have some photo placeholders still in place:
"We have books from: Dormeiul, Scabal, Holland & Sherry, Loro Piana, Harrissons, WBill, and many others (photos of books).
We also stock many fabrics in house, saving you time and money (photo of stocked fabric)."

Thanks, I'll get rid of those.

that scruffy neck on the homepage :crazy:

Better than the scruffy face...:box:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any plans to include a gallery of finished products?

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This looks very interesting, I hope it will boost business.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been working with Frank on this the past few months, now its live and ready to go:
http://www.francoercole.com/
Would love feedback...

I like the look of it. The layout is clean and lacks clutter. Very readable. I think a gallery page would be cool as well.

Your column graphic 1/3 down is different on the home page than on all of the others. For the other pages, its long enough that it pushes part of the address below the fold. You might consider picking one. If it's the shorter one you could then format the column so that the addresses, and contact info are all above the fold on all pages, and you could probably fit the hours on there as well. These would make them visible at all times without any scrolling. By having the location, phone, and hours above the fold in the column on all pages, you could free up the contact page to be the map, directions, and appointment form. This would hopefully shorten the contact page enough that it doesn't require any scrolling, but might overly clutter the column.

Home, About, Product, and Contact are the only pages that require scrolling and I think you could be more effective if no scrolling was needed. Last paragraph has my idea for the contact page. The content of the "About" and "Product" pages have a bit of overlap. It would probably do well to pick one for where the content should be. As an idea for how to deal with this, if you moved the Pricing page form into the revised Contact page or somehow managed to fulfill that requirement in another way it would free up a tab. Then you could have one for, say, Fabrics, which could contain the lists from the About page. This would let you remove the Fabrics and Books sections from the Product page), shortening both it and the About page appropriately. You could then order them Fabrics, Process, Product which would create a nice narrative and mimic the process of going from initial fabric to finished garment.

The "Request your Appointment" button, while suited to the palate of the site, seems incongruous and jarring. If the "Contact" page were renamed "Schedule" or something like it as mentioned above, I think it would improve the flow of the page to remove it, as well as providing extra space to add the hours. I don't have a solution for the loss of call to action this decision presents though. For the most part, the website seems designed to be more informative than business generating so this doesn't seem like it would affect much.

That was a bit more feedback than was initially intended, and is not meant in any way to imply that the site is bad. Far from it. I do like the site. :slayer:

andreyb2

Reaction score
Great web-site, but a gallery is definitely missing.

Also, any words on "house style" (if there is one) or at least what makes FE suits different from the rest?

Andrey

Last edited:

mrbrioni

Reaction score
Great website.

Hope it boosts some business for Ercole, Frank, and all the employees.

My best clothing ever purchased has been all the suits and outerwear made my them.

:worship::worship:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great web-site, but a gallery is definitely missing.
Also, any words on "house style" (if there is one) or at least what makes FE suits different from the rest?
Andrey

I'm willing to bet people saying "they have no house style...."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads