• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and Stories Thread

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i go on to fedex.com trying to find the invoice but it doesn't show up on my account even when i search for the invoice #...
strange. i guess i dont have to pay anymore? does fedex somehow know that i returned the item to the sender? this isnt the first time either and i haven't gotten debt collectors letter yet so i guess im in the clear?

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i have a Canadian groiled customer claiming they had to pay 102$ customs to receive a pair of shoes i marked as gift w. a value of 600. hes asking what i can do about that, am i correct in assuming its not my problem? I already split the cost of shipping ($50) so to split the cost of his duties would put me 100 in the hole on it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Canadians are very much aware of the import duties they have to pay. If it's marked as a gift I don't know why he's being charged though

velomane

Reaction score
Being marked "gift" doesn't mean a free ride, so to speak. Your Canadian customer should familiarize himself with the rules. Don't feel obligated to cough up any more dough. A friend of mine is a trucker who crosses the Canada/US border a dozen times a month put it this way: US Customs: it's about protecting the nation. Canada Customs: it's about extracting their pound of flesh from the poor soul going north.

wumbo17412

Reaction score
Yeah that's on the buyer. You're only guaranteed not to get charged duties on a package marked gift that's below $50-60 (I forget which specifically) in Canada. He should've known that. I wouldn't split that charge, nor would I, as a customer demand that you do either. He may ***** and moan and give you a negative transaction rating but it's his fault at the end of the day.
Quote:
As a Canadian, ain't that the fuckin truth. America: "We won't charge duties below $800." Canada: "We won't charge duties below $20! Aren't we generous!"

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a coat from Private White VC (UK) for $382 USD which was shipped by FedEx. I mailed it back to Private White via USPS. Today I received a bill from FedEx for $43. Does the fact that I returned the item allow me to avoid the fee?

cyan

Reaction score

I bought a coat from Private White VC (UK) for $382 USD which was shipped by FedEx. I mailed it back to Private White via USPS. Today I received a bill from FedEx for $43. Does the fact that I returned the item allow me to avoid the fee?

thought the limit now is $800, so you shouldn't have been charge anything in the first place?

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Made in USA shoes ordered from Europe are subject to duty when clearing Canada customs?

Just to update: The merchant must submit a NAFTA statement for the goods to be exempt from dutes. Marking the country of origin as "Made in USA" on the customs form is not enough, apparently.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@bry2000
I've put in 5 orders with them in the last few months and not had customs on any (one was over 800, the rest were well under). Remember to email them your order number and they'll refund the DDP too.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@bry2000
I've put in 5 orders with them in the last few months and not had customs on any (one was over 800, the rest were well under). Remember to email them your order number and they'll refund the DDP too.

Thank you very much for this advice. I emailed them for the refund. It amounted to a decent bit of savings.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Does anyone have shipping experience with CTT/Portugal Post and could spare some time to answer a few questions please?

javy

Reaction score
why do you need a proxy from rakuten? will the store not ship outside japan? if so, use zenmarket

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads