• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

hellodocks

Reaction score
Wish I could get a pair in 30...

hellodocks

Reaction score
Yeah. I know. Wishful thinking on my part. :dozingoff: 32s, especially if you are supposed to size down with these, would make me look like I was wearing a trash bag with a rubber band around the top.

hellodocks

Reaction score
Just went into the store on Bleecker ... guy tried to tell me this rough pair of khakis was what I was looking for when I asked for officer chinos. They fit well enough but were so chappy I refused to pull the trigger and get 'em. Also, not $220, only $185.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just went into the store on Bleecker ... guy tried to tell me this rough pair of khakis was what I was looking for when I asked for officer chinos. They fit well enough but were so chappy I refused to pull the trigger and get 'em. Also, not $220, only $185.

they have 2 piles, the 220 ones only have 3 pairs left, I just went there. The 185 ones are 7 something oz, and not too rigid. Did you ask for the selvedge ones?

hellodocks

Reaction score

they have 2 piles, the 220 ones only have 3 pairs left, I just went there. The 185 ones are 7 something oz, and not too rigid. Did you ask for the selvedge ones?
I did indeed, but he showed me three piles. A putty, a true khaki, and then some greenish one.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I did indeed, but he showed me three piles. A putty, a true khaki, and then some greenish one.

there is another pile perpendicular to those, just ask for red line selvedge officer chino, the guy should know it's the 9.23 oz ones (220), the other pile were either 7 or 8 oz (180 something?) and looked "distressed" for lack of better word. Probably should call them first though, I got like 2 message yesterday asking me about it...

hellodocks

Reaction score

there is another pile perpendicular to those, just ask for red line selvedge officer chino, the guy should know it's the 9.23 oz ones (220), the other pile were either 7 or 8 oz (180 something?) and looked "distressed" for lack of better word. Probably should call them first though, I got like 2 message yesterday asking me about it...
Grazie, sirrah. He said they do restock each of the piles periodically and I was under no undue pressure to purchase on the spot given that that flagship-esque store in the West Village is a priority for them. I agree with the comment about distressing, when I tried two sizes on I couldn't help but recognize that they in the mirror, they looked nothing like the picture which begins this thread.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
best chinos ever...........mine are shaping up nicely.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Grazie, sirrah. He said they do restock each of the piles periodically and I was under no undue pressure to purchase on the spot given that that flagship-esque store in the West Village is a priority for them. I agree with the comment about distressing, when I tried two sizes on I couldn't help but recognize that they in the mirror, they looked nothing like the picture which begins this thread.

yea, you should just go to the one on west broadway, was there today, I think they got a few more (at least 2 on display), plus they got plenty other cool items as well.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cannot believe this ****; about a month ago I stained my chino's left pocket with hot pork grease. After multiple efforts to remove the roughly 2x2" grease stain, it was gone. I actually soaked the chinos yesterdays and didnt see any stain. But ****, today for dinner I was having pasta with whole shrimp and one the greasy shrimps came flying off of the plate and right onto the same area. The stain is back, and now bigger than ever. Cant catch a damn break with these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads