• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official blake x RЯL officer chino contest

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

looking good, gents. the rrl chino is extremely photogenic. I love how one pic is super casual, while the other is a little dressier but the end results are both great.

it's definitely very versatile, loving it so far, though might get waist take in a bit, not sure if I got the time before I leave though...

thebunk

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a pair though wondering if see will stretch much in the theighs or just the waist? I have large theighs and usually take 34 sized pants (ie Epaulet size 34 Rudes and Chinos). And if read correctly, the waist can be taken in correct?

Thanks,
B

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am thinking about getting a pair though wondering if see will stretch much in the theighs or just the waist? I have large theighs and usually take 34 sized pants (ie Epaulet size 34 Rudes and Chinos). And if read correctly, the waist can be taken in correct?

Thanks,
B

stretch primarily occurs in the waist. 6 months after my first wear, I had the waist taken in 2 inches on my tagged 34. SF'er Froosh is the resident expert on size 33/34 chinos. iirc he posted measurements a couple days ago.

samsterdam

Reaction score

Thanks,
B

I sized down one from my Epaulet rivet chinos and the fit in the thighs seems comparable. The waist does, too, at the moment but I just got them yesterday and expect that to change.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love these pants, but does anyone else absolutely hate the straight pockets. this goes for any pant really. it's just awkward digging for anything in them.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i love these pants, but does anyone else absolutely hate the straight pockets. this goes for any pant really. it's just awkward digging for anything in them.

I only use the back pockets, except keys, so it has been all right so far. Is straight pocket some vintage inspired crap?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
B

stretch primarily occurs in the waist. 6 months after my first wear, I had the waist taken in 2 inches on my tagged 34. SF'er Froosh is the resident expert on size 33/34 chinos. iirc he posted measurements a couple days ago.

:laugh: I'm definitely no expert, have yet to figure it out myself. There is a lot of variation in the measurements so I'd be careful. I can tell you that if you're a true 34 this could be a size 32 stretched out or a comfortable 33 to begin with. The thighs are what you should be worried about, they seem to be about 12" (BiG method) on the 32s and a tiny bit more on the 33s. And like Namor mentioned, waist is easily taken in.

Jsoftz

Reaction score
So, I won $200 in Amex gift cards for a work contest and the first thing I want to get are the dry selvedge RRL officer chinos. But I can't seem to find any in size 29! If anybody has got one they're trying to unload or knows where I can pick one up.. I'm ready to pull the trigger right now!

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My chinos finally arrived. Thanks Sam for answering all my emails (on your days off!) and these fit like I would want them too: a little tight in the upper block and thighs, which will end up a great fit once all stretched out. Only problem is I can't get the top button unbuttoned lol... might be wearing these heavy until I figure out how to take them off (5)

blklblk

Reaction score

My chinos finally arrived. Thanks Sam for answering all my emails (on your days off!) and these fit like I would want them too: a little tight in the upper block and thighs, which will end up a great fit once all stretched out. Only problem is I can't get the top button unbuttoned lol... might be wearing these heavy until I figure out how to take them off (5)

hahaha, hows that issue with that top button coming along..?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
got a little sausage grease (no, not that kind) on the chinos. (hand) washed in warm water with a little detergent. hangin' dry on the peach tree

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hahaha, hows that issue with that top button coming along..?

Finally got it off 15 minutes after I posted lol. My chinos are hanging in my closet until the weather becomes a little more suitable for their heft.

Great pants though, can't wait to break them in in the winter. :slayer:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, this blows. I got some grease on the left thigh of the chino and even though I hit them with hot water within 2 mins, grease spots still remain. I scrubbed the hell out of them, so much that the are lost a little color. now the contrast between the fade and the grease is even more noticeable. this makes the chino unwearable as a business casual item. if anyone asks, I got the grease stain from working on my car and not from greasy ass pork sausage

S-Town

Reaction score
In my opinion, you get lots of street cred for either car grease or pork sausage grease! Too bad you can't wear them for work anymore, but it's kind of a cool battle scar of the masculine kind. The "Pork Sausage Grease" wash may be the wave of the future in non-raw pants :).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads