• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

biglmbass

Reaction score
Those of you kicking around an MTO with Richard, are you guys set on black? Sadly, I've no interest in black whatsoever....

Cal135

Reaction score
The multi-color one? I recall seeing that a while back & liking it.

Two batches has been made. Both are in Kudu, but colours on the second run have been swapped around. Below are specs of the second run, that should be delivered this month. Luckily and thanks to Richard, Tricker's agreed to make this version for me on 4444-last, instead of 4497S.

Model.....Eaton (semi-brogue boot)
Last, 4497s.
Fitting 5 (true to size for most)
Colour Combination.....Toe Cap, Vamp and Tongue in Sign (Burgundy) Kudu.....Heel Counter, Backstrip and Facings in Caramel (lighter brown) Kudu, Quarter Insets in Polo (dark brown) Kudu.
Binding (along Topline and Facings) in Dark Brown.
Eyelets, Brass Eyelets.
Laces, Dark Brown Wax Cord Laces.
Lining, Vintage Green Calf Lining.
Welt, Barbour Welt in Cream Finish with Tan Welt Stitching.
Sole, Dainite Sole in Red....

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Those of you kicking around an MTO with Richard, are you guys set on black? Sadly, I've no interest in black whatsoever....
He’s asking Trickers if they will do with a Kudu leather they don’t currently use. I saw the black and thought would be different. I tend not to wear it so haven’t really many black pairs which was an attraction (strangely!) to me.

Maio

Reaction score

He’s asking Trickers if they will do with a Kudu leather they don’t currently use. I saw the black and thought would be different. I tend not to wear it so haven’t really many black pairs which was an attraction (strangely!) to me.

I don't have one pair of black boots or shoes at the moment so I would prefer them to be black. That being said, I might be interested in some other colors as well. My first preference is for black though.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I don't have one pair of black boots or shoes at the moment so I would prefer them to be black. That being said, I might be interested in some other colors as well. My first preference is for black though.
Richard is on with contacting the factory (although I think it may be closed this week) to see what the options are.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK the new blues finally showed up a day late due to UPS missing the pkg transfer in Germany.

Here we are just out of the box.

IMG_20181003_141117.jpg

One issue the heel of the one shoe was digging into the toe of the other the cloth and foam was shifted. Actually judging by the depth of this dent I would say this did not happen in shipping but rather it sat on the shelf for a while with the weight of the one shoe impressing into the other. It is actually much bigger than it looks in the pic as I had to move the angle to get the glare off to take the pic.
IMG_20181003_141449.jpg

Here we are in the sun after a few min of brushing.

IMG_20181003_141647.jpg
IMG_20181003_141711.jpg

Some color issues, you can still see that dent but not as bad on this angle in the sun.
IMG_20181003_141733.jpg

I put some cream on the dent and let it soak, then took the deer bone to it and it's better but still noticeable. This was an outlet shoe and the last pair in my size so getting another pair is not an option. I hope that if I go back over the dent with the deer bone over a few days hopefully it evens out. Not sure what else I can do as I like the shoes and the color works for my collection.

scrwl

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous! It might be just me but I like the slight variation in the color, makes them look more natural and less plastic-y. Obv I haven't sen the dent live but judging by those pics I personally wouldn't mind as there would 5 more after a week of wear.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous! It might be just me but I like the slight variation in the color, makes them look more natural and less plastic-y. Obv I haven't sen the dent live but judging by those pics I personally wouldn't mind as there would 5 more after a week of wear.

Thanks. I think in time they will patina very nicely. I have worked the dent and much improved, now it is really near the flex line of the shoe. I am thinking like you said after several wears it will be gone or just not noticable. I have a pair of blue shell Carmina's and they are dark blue could pass for black in low light. The color of these Trickers is lighter and to the greenish side so perfect the Tricker's are not the same color so blends in great with the collection.

Who

Reaction score
What about treating Kudu suede with Scotchgard?
Hs anybody used it.
I have used in suede but never on Kudu suede.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
What about treating Kudu suede with Scotchgard?
Hs anybody used it.
I have used in suede but never on Kudu suede.
I’ve just got some Saphir stuff, supposed to be the best. Going to try it on a cheap old pair tomorrow before on the Kudu!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads