• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm cooking up some make ups for FW18 and I figured I'd check in with you folk to see what styles or leathers you would like to see. In terms of new leathers there are some hatch grains, deer leather, and museum calf but otherwise all leathers you've seen before are typically available.

I was contemplating a monkey boot on commando sole, a burford on a vibram sole (not white), as well as trying to do a boot on a lug 100 sole rather than the commando sole. Like below but a bit chunkier. Let me know what you gents think.

3821b94c46b6608b7aa7e7fb75c50782.jpg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm cooking up some make ups for FW18 and I figured I'd check in with you folk to see what styles or leathers you would like to see. In terms of new leathers there are some hatch grains, deer leather, and museum calf but otherwise all leathers you've seen before are typically available.

I was contemplating a monkey boot on commando sole, a burford on a vibram sole (not white), as well as trying to do a boot on a lug 100 sole rather than the commando sole. Like below but a bit chunkier. Let me know what you gents think.

View attachment 968298
Mmmm... Deer leather.
What about a brown deer leather Eaton with a dainite sole?

That would be very appealing.

smuj

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

View attachment 968298
Loggers! You already sell Loggers and I love them. Do more, as this style is greatly overlooked IMO. I was reminded by Zippyh's recent post how good they look. I much prefer them on the 4497 last as opposed to the 4444 as they are often built. Here are my two fave loggers...
These were originally by Grahame Fowler and in brown Zug. This is different from the current Zug which is more burgundy in hue and, I think, from an English tannery that no longer exists. Fantastic boot, look at that heel counter and I like the fact is a high leg logger. Would pay out some propper money to get hold of a pair of these.
More recently from End. A darker make up than Zippyh's. Great boot and, again, would lover to get my hands on either of these boots

So, make either of the above and you have an instant sale in size 9. Often considered getting the MTO'd. Might still

biglmbass

Reaction score
Mmmm... Deer leather.
What about a brown deer leather Eaton with a dainite sole?

That would be very appealing.

Yes it would. Got most all boot bases covered, but I don't have an Eaton. I'm a natural welt & dainite sole kind of guy. Gold or silver eyelets too; I like the contrast. Edited to add, I'm still thinking I need something in burgundy too.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah a dark waxy logger on 4497 push the right buttons for me.

Iotapa

Reaction score
How about a longwing deer golosh boot/shoe on the 2298 last?

IsoE

Reaction score
So Tricker's outlet not planning to celebrate Mother's day yet?
I've got shopping cart ready awaiting their celebration announcement, US retailers are way ahead:cool2:!

smuj

Reaction score
Loggers! You already sell Loggers and I love them. Do more, as this style is greatly overlooked IMO. I was reminded by Zippyh's recent post how good they look. I much prefer them on the 4497 last as opposed to the 4444 as they are often built. Here are my two fave loggers...
These were originally by Grahame Fowler and in brown Zug. This is different from the current Zug which is more burgundy in hue and, I think, from an English tannery that no longer exists. Fantastic boot, look at that heel counter and I like the fact is a high leg logger. Would pay out some propper money to get hold of a pair of these.
More recently from End. A darker make up than Zippyh's. Great boot and, again, would lover to get my hands on either of these boots

So, make either of the above and you have an instant sale in size 9. Often considered getting the MTO'd. Might still
Pulling the conversation back to loggers for moment. I very nearly pushed the button on an MTO a few years back. Was trying to get a GMTO going but Tricker's moved the goal posts moving to a minimum order of 12 rather than the previous 6. Anyway it did not happen. I made up the following artwork for discussion with Trickers...
Inspired by the Grahame Fowler loggers I wanted a proper Zug boot (not just pebble grain). This was to replace my C&J Snowdons (which are probably a superior foul weather boot due to the veldt welt). I would not have a contrasting heel counter if doing this now but am still up for this boot. And the factory said they could still do a veldt welt (they have not done those since Skiptons). A zug, veldt logger would be the ultimate tuff outdoor boot. C'mon, you know you want a pair. Anyone for a GMTO? (had given up on Trickers GMTO as it seemed most folk are only interested finding cheap boots in the next sale rather than spending a few extra quid. Dozens of GMTO's go on with C&J but there is two years of tumble-weed blowing through the Trickers MTO forum). We could get it professionally organised by Richard at the Shoeroom Doncaster. Any interest in something along these lines? Zug veldt logger! Yes please.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads